Download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/2658-3186-2021-5-3-49-61

Annotation. The article describes an experiment to identify the main ways of displaying verbal aggression in the speech of students of schools grades 5-8 in Magnitogorsk. The study was conducted using existing methods of studying the speech aggression: the method of identifying the propensity to aggressiveness and hostility using the questionnaire of A. Bass and E. Darkey, as well as projective methods (the method of associative experiment and the method of unfinished phrases). As a result, there were identified the types and methods of verbal aggression taking into account the age characteristics of schoolchildren. The first stage of observations showed an average level of leaning for aggression and hostility among all participants of the experiment. However, observations over the children’s speech using projective techniques showed that the majority of students show a clear tendency to incorrect communication, rude treatment of their peers, humiliation, direct insults, hostile remarks, threats and rude demands. During the associative part of the experiment there were used the stimuli which would push the children to reactions closely connected with the verbal hostile or aggressive expressions (argue, insult, infuriate, call names, frighten, threaten, make upset). The analysis made on the questionnaires allowed to reveal some factual cases of aggressiveness and hostility in children’s speech and follow the dynamics from the 5 to 8 grades. The method of unfinished phrases helped to specify the means to express the speech aggression and to make some spastics on the experiment. The present research was the initial stage of collecting information, which would later be used to develop methods and techniques for overcoming verbal aggression in the school speech environment.

Keywords: verbal aggression, identification of propensity to aggressiveness, projective methods of research of verbal aggression, method of the associative experiment, method of unfinished phrases.

Аuthor:

Oksana V. Franchuk, PhD in Philological Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Russian Language, General Linguistics and Mass Communication Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

References

1. Basovskaya E. N. Tvortsy cherno-beloi real'nosti: o verbal'noi agressii v sredstvakh massovoi informatsii, Kritika i semiotika [Critique and Semiotics], vol. 7, 2004. pp. 257–263.

2. Bol'shoi psikhologicheskii slovar' / pod red. B. G. Meshcheryakova, V. P. Zinchenko, Saint Petersburg, Praim-Evroznak, 2008, 868 p.

3. Vorontsova T. A. Rechevaya agressiya v kommunikativno-diskursivnoi paradigm, Vestnik VGU, Seriya: Lingvistika i mezhkul'turnaya kommunikatsiya [Proceedings of Voronezh State University. Series: Linguistics and intercultural communication], 2006, no. 1, pp. 83–86.

4. Petrova N. I., Ratsiburgskaya L. V. Yazyk sovremennykh SMI : sredstva rechevoi agressii : ucheb. posobie, Moscow, Flinta : Nauka, 2011, 160 p.

5. Semenyuk L. M. Psikhologicheskie osobennosti agressivnogo povedeniya podrostkov i usloviya ego korrektsii : ucheb. posobie, Moscow, MPSI : Flinta, 2001, 96 p.

6. Trykova O. Yu. O roli brannoi leksiki v detskom fol'klore, «Zlaya laya maternaya…» : sb. st. / pod red. V. I. Zhel'visa, Moscow, Ladomir, 2005. pp. 334–343.

7. Franchuk O. V., Derevskova E. N. Osnovnye sposoby proyavleniya verbal'noi agressii v rechi obuchayushchikhsya 7-kh klassov (metod napisaniya mini-sochinenii), Sposoby, modeli i algo-ritmy modernizatsii nauki v sovremennykh usloviyakh: sb. st. Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. (29 fevralya 2020 g, g. Chelyabinsk), Ufa, Omega Science, 2020, pp.  80–85.

8. Shcherbinina Yu. V. Verbal'naya agressiya, Moscow, Editorial URSS, 2006, 360 p.

9. Shcherbinina Yu. V. Verbal'naya agressiya v shkol'noi rechevoi srede : dis. ... kand. ped. nauk : 13.00.02, Moscow, 2001, 300 p.

10. Shcherbinina Yu. V. Russkii yazyk : Rechevaya agressiya i puti ee preodoleniya : ucheb. posobie, Moscow, Flinta, 2012, 224 p.

For citation

Franchuk O. V. The Phenomenon of Verbal Aggression in the World Picture Among Schoolchildren of 5-8 Grades, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2021, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 49–61.