Download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/2658-3186-2021-5-1-30-34

Abstract

The beginning of training at university is a very significant stage for first-year students. Therefore, it is important to receive information about the difficulties faced by students, and on this basis to organize their psychological support. The article raises the problem of adaptation of first-year university students in the system of new interpersonal relations in the conditions of distance learning caused by the spread of COVID-19, which has not yet been sufficiently reflected in modern research. The work reveals the psychological characteristics of groups of first-year students. The problems and difficulties encountered by students in the process of adaptation are characterized. The author's experience of working with first-year students to improve their socio-psychological adaptation is proposed in the article. The question of the directions of work on the successful socio-psychological adaptation of a novice student in the conditions of distance learning is raised. The author presents a study of socio-psychological adaptation of freshmen to the University in terms of distance learning conducted on the basis of the Orsk humanitarian-technology Institute (branch) OSU, which showed that students lack live interaction with teachers and fellow students are experiencing difficulty learning at home and in the assimilation of certain disciplines. The results of psychological methods aimed at diagnosing the adaptability of young men and women to the study group, state its low level, which is manifested in an unfavorable situation in the team, a problem in communication and establishing relationships with fellow students and teachers. The material presented in the article is intended to help teachers of higher education, curators of groups to organize psychological support of first-year students in the conditions of distance learning caused by the spread of COVID-19.

Keywords: social and psychological adaptation, adaptation of a first-year student at a university, difficulties of social and psychological adaptation, psychological support.

Аuthor:

Oksana A. Andrienko, PhD in Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Psychology and Pedagogy, Orsk Humanitarian-Technological Institute (branch) of Orenburg State University, Orsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

References

1. Andrienko O. A., Pedagogicheskie usloviya povysheniya effektivnosti sotsial'noi adaptatsii pervokursnikov v professional'nom litsee : dis. … kand. ped. nauk, Magnitogorsk, 2009, 188 p.

2. Andrienko O. A., Bezenkova T. A., Oleinik E. V. Vospitatel'naya deyatel'nost' kuratora v period adaptatsii studentov-pervokursnikov vuza, Perspektivy nauki i obrazovaniya [Perspectives of science and education], 2019, no. 2 (38), pp. 95–107.

3. Bashkirova O. A. Rol' kuratora v adaptatsii pervokursnikov v vuze, Omskie sotsial'no-gumanitarnye chteniya – 2016 : materialy IX Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf., otv. red. L. A. Kudrinskaya, Omsk, Omskii gosudarstvennyi tekhnicheskii universitet, 2016, pp. 145–149.

4. Vlasova T. A. Sotsial'no-psikhologicheskaya adaptatsiya studentov mladshikh kursov k usloviyam obucheniya v vuze, Vestnik Chelyabinskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Chelyabinsk State Pedagogical University]. 2009, no. 1, pp. 13–22.

5. Glushenkov A. M., Tsareva A. V. Kurator studencheskoi gruppy kak sub"ekt upravleniya sistemoi vospitatel'noi raboty vuza, Academia. Pedagogicheskii zhurnal Podmoskov'ya, 2016, no. 4 (10), pp. 9–15.

6. Danilenko L. P. Osobennosti sotsial'no-psikhologicheskoi adaptatsii studentov pri vkhozhdenii v vu-zovskuyu sredu, Vestnik Moskovskogo gosudarstvennogo oblastnogo universiteta. Seriya: Psikhologicheskie nauki [Bulletin of the Moscow Region State University. Series: Psychology], 2020, no. 1, pp. 101–109.

7. Dvornikova I. N., Khasheva G. N. Psikhologicheskaya pomoshch' studentam-pervokursnikam v sotsial'no-psikhologicheskoi adaptatsii k obucheniyu v vuze, Issledovatel' goda 2020 , sb. st. III Mezhdunar. nauch.-issledovat. konkursa, pod red. A. B. Cheremisina, Petrozavodsk, Mezhdunarodnyi tsentr nauchnogo partnerstva “Novaya Nauka”, 2020, pp. 85–90.

8. Dubovitskaya T. D., Krylova A. V. Metodika issledovaniya adaptirovannosti studentov v vuze [Elektronnyi resurs], Psikhologicheskaya nauka i obrazovanie [Psychological-Educational Studies], 2010, no. 2, URL: http://psyedu.ru/journal/2010/2/Dubovitskaya_Krilova.phtml.

9. Iuldasheva S. M. Teoreticheskie aspekty sotsial'no-psikhologicheskoi adaptatsii studentov-pervokursnikov k obucheniyu v vuze, Dostizheniya nauki i obrazovaniya [Achievements of Science and Education], 2019, no. 2 (43), pp. 57–59.

10. Kornilova A. G., Petrova S. F. Sotsial'no-psikhologicheskaya adaptatsiya studentov-pervokursnikov v universitete, Problemy sovremennogo pedagogicheskogo obrazovaniya [Problems of modern pedagogical education], 2019, no. 62-2, pp. 128–131.

11. Maleko E. V. Osobennosti formirovaniya lichnosti v prostranstve informatsionnoi kul'tury, Traditsionnye natsional'no-kul'turnye i dukhovnye tsennosti kak fundament innovatsionnogo razvitiya Rossii [Traditional national-cultural and spiritual values as innovative development basis of Russia], 2018, no. 1 (13), pp. 29–31.

12. Oleinik E. V., Mutalova D. A., Bezenkova T. A., Manannikova A. V. Izuchenie problemy adaptatsii studentov vuza v usloviyakh samoizolyatsii k on-line obucheniyu s primeneniem distantsionnykh obrazovatel'nykh tekhnologii, Sovremennoe pedagogicheskoe obrazovanie [Modern Pedagogical Education], 2020, no. 5, pp. 69–72.

13. Rodina N. A., Chaikovskii A. E., Mikhailova E. E., Daldyshkina L. I. Psikhologicheskaya pomoshch' studentam v adaptatsii k vuzovskoi zhizni // Obshchestvo: sotsiologiya, psikhologiya, pedagogika [Society: Sociology, Psychology, Pedagogics], 2020, no. 5 (73), pp. 107–112.

14. Yurtaeva N. I. Trudnosti adaptatsii studentov-pervokursnikov, Pedagogika i sovremennoe obrazo-vanie: traditsii, opyt i innovatsii: sb. statei XIII Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf, Penza, 2020,  pp. 178–181.

For citation

Andrienko O. A. Social and Psychological Adaptation First-year University Students in the Conditions of Distance Learning, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2021, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 30–34.