Download PDF

doi:10.18503/2658-3186-2024-8-2-51-58

Abstract. The purpose of the study is to compare Nagaybak nouns with Russian ones, to identify the universal features that integrate the words of both languages with the general meaning of objectivity, and to characterize the specific properties of Nagaybak nouns. The authors believe that the achievement of this goal is the initial step towards creating a brief grammar of the Nagaybak language, which is on the verge of extinction: modern Nagaybak children do not know the language of their ancestors; representatives of the middle generation speaking Nagaybak insert Russian words into their speech; services in the restored Nagaybak temples are led in Russian. In the Soviet period, there were three factors (Cossacks, Orthodoxy and unique language) which contributed to the formation of the Nagaybak ethnic group and served as a guarantee of preserving their identity. Nevertheless, the influence of those factors was reduced. Cossacks, churches and Orthodox schools with teaching in the Nagaybak language were declared illegal. Any language which is not supported by written form and education is doomed to oblivion. To prevent the development of this tendency we need to create linguistic and educational-methodological base for teaching Nagaybak children their native language. We have already done this job. Nagaybak nouns collected during the expeditions to the Nagaybak region have become the material for the article. When analyzing nouns, the authors used comparative and descriptive research methods. They also refer to elements of historical, etymological and linguoculturological methods. The grammatical features of Nagaybak nouns were established when compared with the nouns of the Russian language.

Keywords: noun, thematic groups, gender category, number category, declension system, specific feature

Acknowledgments: the work was supported by the Russian Science Foundation and the government of the Chelyabinsk region, Project № 23-18-20045 “Creation of Nagaybak writing as the base for saving the unique culture and language of one of the small indigenous ethnic groups of the Southern Urals”.

Information about the authors

Shulezhkova S. G., Doctor of Philology, Professor, Department of the Russian Language, General Linguistics and Mass Communication, Institute of Humanitarian Education, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU).

Pozdnyakova N. V., PhD in Philological Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Russian Language, General Linguistics and Mass Communication Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University.

Georgieva S. I., Doctor of Philology, Professor of the Department of the Russian Philology, Plovdiv University Paisiy Hilendarski.

References

1. Zamaletdinov R. R., Sattarova M. R., Safonova S. S., Chupryakova O. A., Yusupova Z. F. Sopostavitel'-naya grammatika russkogo i tatarskogo yazykov / pod red. prof. R. R. Zamaletdinova, Kazan', Izd-vo Kazanskogo universiteta, 2017, 180 p.

2. Baryshnikova O. I., Shulezhkova S. G. Nagaibaksko-russkii slovar' s grammaticheskimi pometami /pod red. N. V. Pozdnyakovoi, Moscow, FLINTA, 2023, 276 p.

3. Valeev G. K. Razmyshleniya nad «Nagaibaksko-russkim i russko-nagaibakskim slovarem O. I. Barysh-nikovoi», Nagaibaksko-russkii slovar'. Russko-nagaibakskii slovar', Nauchno-issledovatel'skaya slovar-naya laboratoriya ITTs ; gl. red., avtor vstup. st. S. G. Shulezhkova, Magnitogorsk, Izd-vo MGTU im. G. I. Nosova, 2015, pp. 20–27.

4. Shulezhkova S. G. Kratkie svedeniya o nagaibakskom yazyke, Nagaibaksko-russkii slovar' s grammati-cheskimi pometami, Moscow, FLINTA, 2023, pp. 3–9.

5. Baryshnikova O. I. Nagaibaksko-russkii slovar'. Russko-nagaibakskii slovar' / gl. red. S. G. Shulezhkova, red. A. A. Osipova, Magnitogorsk, Izd-vo MGTU im. G. I. Nosova, 2015, 112+175 p.

6. Mineev P. M., Mineeva V.A. Russko-nagaibakskii slovar'. Nagaibaksko-russkii slovar'. Russko-nagaibakskii tematicheskii slovar'. Izd. 2-e ispr. i dop., Chelyabinsk, Tsitsero, 2017, 271 p.

7. Vasil'ev N. P. Kollektsiya slov i etnograficheskikh zametok o nagaibakakh. Poselok Ostrolenskii, Nagaibakskogo r-na, Chelyabinskoi oblasti, [s. n.], 2023, 116 p. (Rukopis').

8. Baryshnikova O. I., Osipova A. A., Shulezhkova S. G. Әitem tiktәn әitelmei, Poslovitsa nedarom molvitsya: tolkovyi slovar' poslovits i pogovorok nagaibakskogo Naroda, Magnitogorsk, ZAO «Magnitogoskii Dom pechati», 2019, 157 p.

9. Baryshnikova O. I., Shulezhkova S. G. «O tebe dusha stradaet…»: nagaibakskie chastushki s perevodom na russkii yazyk, Magnitogorsk, ZAO «Magnitogorskii Dom pechati», 2020, 156 p.

10. Shulezhkova S. G., Baryshnikova O. I. Russko-nagaibakskii razgovornik, Moscow, FLINTA, 2023, 252 p.

11. Peshkovskii A. M. Russkii sintaksis v nauchnom osveshchenii. 7-e izd., Moscow, Uchpedgiz, 1956, 512 p.

12. Atnagulov I. R. Fenomen nagaibakskoi identichnosti kak rezul'tat politiko-administrativnykh reform i russkikh kul'turnykh vliyanii vtoroi poloviny XVI – nachala XX v., Vestnik Tomskogo gosudar-stvennogo universiteta = Tomsk State University Journal, 2021, no. 69, pp. 86–92. (In Russ.)

13. Belorussova S. Yu. Ischezayut li nagaibaki? Etnografiya. 2023, no. 1 (19), pp. 203–224.

14. Belorussova S. Yu. Nagaibaki: dinamika identichnosti, Saint Petersburg, Izd-vo MAE RAN, 2019, 424 p.

15. Balin M. A. Russkaya pravoslavnaya tserkov' kak aktor politiki vnutrennei kolonizatsii Rossiiskoi imperii v Zapadnoi Sibiri i Stepnom krae: vtoraya polovina XIX – nachalo XX v. : dis. ... kand. istorich. nauk, Omsk, 2023, 272 p.

16. Gupalo A. Nagaibakskaya missiya v XIX – nach. XX v. 1-e izd., Chelyabinsk, Sovet Russkoi pravoslavnoi tserkvi, 2023, 425 p.

17. Shulezhkova S. G. Russkii sled v leksiko-frazeologicheskoi sisteme nagaibakskogo yazyka, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya = Humanitarian and pedagogical Research, 2022, no 3, pp. 49–54. (In Russ.).

18. Shulezhkova S. G., Osipova A. A. Sintez tyurkskogo i russkogo, otrazhennyi v tematicheskom pole «Ka-zachestvo» nagaibakskogo yazyka, Problemy istorii, filologii, kul'tury = Journal of historical, philological and cultural studies, 2023, no. 4, pp. 221–227. (In Russ).

For citation:  Shulezhkova S G., Pozdnyakova N. V., Georgieva S. I. Nouns of the Nagaybak language as the grammatical word class, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya = Humanitarian and pedagogical Research, 2024, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 51–58. (In Russ.), doi:10.18503/2658-3186-2024-8-2-51-58.