Download PDF

doi: 10.18503/2658-3186-2024-8-2-06-13

Abstract. The article identifies the problem on the development of gross motor skills and motor imitation in primary school children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in an educational institution. The ways to solve the issue under consideration are related to the choice of optimal means and a system of rewards and reinforcement to the correct reactions in adaptive physical education lessons that help to develop gross motor skills and acquire basic movements by children (walking, running, jumping, throwing, climbing). The basic concepts of the study (a child with an autism spectrum disorder, adaptive physical education, adaptive physical education, physical exercise, psychomotor development, basic movements, gross motor skills, motor imitation, sensory unloading) are considered in the article. The sequence of organizing and conducting lessons on adaptive physical culture for 1st grade students with ASD is presented, taking into account the target of inclusive education in the field of physical culture. Special tools have been identified to facilitate the consistent acquirement of basic movements by children with ASD. A complex has been developed for the formation of basic movements of the children with ASD, which includes: physical, respiratory, kineseological, relaxation, neurogymnastical exercises, outdoor games. This complex is aimed at deepening the existing knowledge of teachers about the means of adaptive physical education. There was a special tool to assess the development of the main types of movements of the children with autism (ABLLS-R) to build a targeted program for adaptive physical culture. The effect of a set of physical exercises on the development of gross motor skills of the children aged 7–10 years with ASD in an educational institution has been experimentally tested. The results of the study are presented.

Keywords: child with autism spectrum disorder (RAS), adaptive physical education, adaptive physical education, psychomotor development, basic movements, large motor skills, motor imitation, sensory unloading

Information about the authors:

Barbina V. D. - a tutor-defectologist of the resource class of the MGI “Secondary school No. 20” Magnitogorsk

Ilyina G. V. – Associate Professor, Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Preschool and Special Education, In-stitute for the Humanities, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University.

Ovsyannikova E. A. – Associate Professor, Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Preschool and Special Education, In-stitute for the Humanities, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University.

References

1. Begidova T. P. Adaptivnaya fizicheskaya kul'tura v kompleksnoi reabilitatsii lits s otkloneniyami v sostoyanii zdorov'ya: uchebnoe posobie dlya vuzov / 2-e izd., Moscow, Izdatel'stvo Yurait, 2022, 210 p.

2. Gaichenko S. V., Ivanova O. A. Osobennosti raboty s det'mi s OVZ doshkol'nogo vozrasta : uchebno-metodicheskoe posobie, Moscow, INFRA-M, 2022, 167 p.

3. Nasibulina T. V., Novikova I. D. Organizatsiya zanyatii adaptivnoi fizicheskoi kul'turoi s det'mi s ogranichennymi vozmozhnostyami zdorov'ya [Elektronnyi tekst] : metodicheskoe posobie, Komi respublikan-skii institut razvitiya obrazovaniya, Syktyvkar, [s. n.], 2016, URL: https://dou2-okha.sakhalin.gov.ru/userfiles/organizaciya_zanyatiy _adaptivnoy_fizicheskoy_kultu.pdf (accessed 6 May 2024).

4. Pazylov N. Sh. Organizatsiya zanyatii po adaptivnoi fizicheskoi kul'ture dlya detei s rasstroistvami autisticheskogo spektra: metodicheskie rekomendatsii dlya uchitelei fizicheskoi kul'tury, roditelei detei s RAS / pod red. O. A. Kornilovoi, V. I. Roslyakova, Samara, SF GAOU VO MGPU, 2021, 36 p.

5. Semenovich M. L., Manelis N. G., Khaustov A. V., Kozorez A. I., Morozova E. V. Opisanie metodiki otsenki bazovykh rechevykh i uchebnykh navykov (ABLLS-R) [Elektronnyi tekst], Autizm i narusheniya razvitiya = Autism and Developmental Disorders, 2015, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 3–10. (In Russ.).

6. Manelis N. G., Nikitina Yu. V., Ferroi L. M., Komarova O. P. Sensornye osobennosti detei s ras-stroistvami autisticheskogo spektra. Strategii pomoshchi : metodicheskoe posobie, pod obshch. red. A. V. Khaustova, N. G. Manelis, Moscow, FRTs FGBOU VO MGPPU, 2018, 70 p.

7. Panteleeva N. G. Organizatsiya meropriyatii, napravlennykh na ukreplenie zdorov'ya rebenka i ego fi-zicheskogo razvitiya (s praktikumom) : uchebnik, Moscow, KnoRus, 2023, 314 p.

8. Il'ina G. V. Teoriya i metodika fizicheskogo vospitaniya i razvitiya detei doshkol'nogo vozrasta: uchebnoe posobie, Magnitogorsk, Izd-vo Magnitogorsk. gos. tekhn. un-ta im. G. I. Nosova, 2018, 188 p.

9. Slepchenko Yu. A. Metody abilitatsii i reablitatsii s pomoshch'yu loshadi v sisteme adaptivnoi fizi-cheskoi kul'tury, Adaptivnaya fizicheskaya kul'tura = Adaptive physical education, 2019, no. 1(77), pp. 3–7. (In Russ.).

10. Evseev S. P. Teoriya i organizatsiya adaptivnoi fizicheskoi kul'tury : uchebnik, Moscow, Sport, 2016, 616 p.

11. Rodionova V. I., Notchenko S. V., Sutaikina E. A. Metody ippoterapii i protsessy kompleksnoi so-tsial'noi reablitatsii detei i vzroslykh s ogranichennymi vozmozhnostyami, Molodoi uchenyi, 2016, no. 8 (112), pp. 856–858.

12. Pavlenkovich S. S. (avt.-sost). Fiziologiya sensornykh sistem : ucheb.-metod. posobie dlya studentov Instituta fizicheskoi kul'tury i sporta, Saratov, Izd-vo Saratovskogo gos. un-ta, 2019, 48 p.

13. Sensornoe razvitie u detei s rasstroistvami autisticheskogo spektra : metod. rekomendatsii. Dai-dzhest. [Rukopis'], Departament obrazovaniya i molodezhnoi politiki Khanty-Mans. avt. okruga Yugry, Surgut. gos. ped. un-t, Surgut, RIO SurGPU, 2020, 82p.

For citation:

Barbina V. D., Ilyina G. V., Ovsyannikova E. A. Development of gross motor skills of 7–10 year old children with autism spectrum disorder by means of adaptive physical education, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya = Humanitarian and pedagogical Research, 2024, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 6–13. (In Russ.), doi: 10.18503/2658-3186-2024-8-2-06 -13.