Download PDF

doi:10.18503/2658-3186-2024-8-1-25-30

Abstract. Modern technologies have become an integral part of the educational process over the past decade. School classes are equipped with computers, and in English classes it is impossible to do without a projector – this is how the principle of clarity of the taught material is implemented. Along with visual video and audio materials, methods of bright and colorful assimilation of the material – interactive methods – are introduced into the process of learning a foreign language. Online boards, quizzes, video games have become assistants of a modern teacher in the process of language learning. However, there is a problem of oversaturation of students with interactive technologies: if earlier it was an effective way to quickly involve a student in a lesson, now the eye of high school students is “blurred” by years of using such materials. The teacher spends a lot of time with the desire to diversify the lesson, following the modern trends of interactivity of lessons, postponing the usual methods of language teaching. In this study, the object is the process of teaching a foreign language to high school students. The subject of this study is an interactive component of a foreign language lesson at the senior stage of learning. The ubiquitous and methodically unjustified use of interactive teaching methods was put forward by us as a research problem. In this article, the authors focus on the importance of understanding the individual mental characteristics of students at the senior stage of education. Based on these data, the authors formulated recommendations to teachers on the formation of lesson planning, which contributes to better assimilation of new material and concentration of students' attention at all stages of the lesson. Special attention is paid to the most effective methods of teaching in foreign language classes.

Keywords: high school students, senior level of education, a foreign language, interactive technologies, traditional methods of teaching

Information about the authors:

E. V. Tulina, Candidate of Philological Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Linguistics and Translation Department, Institute for the Humanities, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University.

E. D. Tulina, a student of the Department of Foreign Languages and Translation, Ural Humanitarian Institute, Ural Federal University.

References

1. Gushchin Yu.V. Interaktivnye metody obucheniya v vysshei shkole, Psikhologicheskii elektronnyi zhurnal Mezhdunarodnogo universiteta prirody, obshchestva i cheloveka «Dubna» = Dubna Psychological Journal, 2012, no. 2, URL: http://hist.isu.ru/ru/staff/teacher/docs/programmi_2015/grushin_interact.pdf (date accessed: 21.08.2023). (In Russ.).

2. Sakaeva L. R., Baranova A. R. Metodika obucheniya inostrannym yazykam (uchebnoe posobie dlya studen-tov Instituta matematiki i mekhaniki im. N.I. Lobachevskogo po napravleniyu “pedagogicheskoe obrazovanie (s dvumya profilyami podgotovki)”), Kazan, KFU, 2016, 189 p.

3. Shchukin A. N. Obuchenie inostrannym yazykam: Teoriya i praktika: ucheb. posobie dlya prepodavatelei i studentov, 2-e izd., ispr. i dop., Moscow, Filomatis, 2006, 480 p.

4. Passov E. I. Kommunikativnyi metod obucheniya inoyazychnomu govoreniyu, 2 izd., Moscow, Prosveshchenie, 1991, 223 p.

5. Panfilova, A. P. Innovatsionnye pedagogicheskie tekhnologii. Aktivnoe obuchenie : ucheb. posobie, Moscow, Izdatel'skii tsentr “Akademiya”, 2009, 192 p.

6. Masalkov I. K., Semina M. V. Strategiya keis stadi: metodologiya issledovaniya i prepodavaniya: ucheb. dlya vuzov, Moscow, Akademicheskii Proekt; Al'ma Mater, 2011, 443 p.

7. Panina, T. S., Vavilova L. N. Sovremennye sposoby aktivizatsii obucheniya : ucheb. posobie, 4-e izd., ster., Moscow, Izdat. tsentr «Akademiya», 2008, 176 p.

8. Artamonova M. V., Pavlova L. V. Integratsiya obrazovatel'nykh tekhnologii v obuchenii inostrannomu yazyku na primere obrazovatel'noi sredy Gsuite, Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya. Surgery = Modern Problems of Science and Education, 2019, no. 2, URL: https://science-education.ru/ru/article/view?id=28656 (date accessed: 24.02.2023). (In Russ.).

9. Pavlova L. V., Baryshnikova Yu. V., Artamonova M. V. Formirovanie tsennostnoi avtonomii studentov v protsesse ovladeniya inostrannym yazykom, Perspektivy nauki i obrazovaniya = Perspectives of science and education, 2019, no. 2(38), pp. 327–341. (In Russ.).

10. Alibulatova M. A. Psikhologicheskie osobennosti uchashchikhsya strashikh klassov, Tsifrovaya nauka, 2021, no. 2, URL: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/psihologicheskie-osobennosti-uchaschihsya-strashih-klassov (date accessed: 12.10.2023).

For citation: Tulina E. V., Tulina E. D. Features of the introduction of interactive language learning technologies at the senior stage of studying, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya =Humanitarian and pedagogical Research, 2024, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 25–30. (In Russ.), doi:10.18503/2658-3186-2024-8-1-25-30.