Download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/2658-3186-2023-7-4-25-31

Abstract. This article discusses the effectiveness of the formation of students’ foreign language communicative competence at a non-linguistic university. The article analyzes the views of researchers on the definition of the terms "communicative competence", "foreign language communicative competence". The importance of productive tasks for the successful development the students’ speech activity is considered. Consequently, the search for modern pedagogical, linguistic and didactic technologies aimed at enhancing the students’ cognitive activity and strengthening their motivation to learn a foreign language remains relevant. Special attention is paid to working methods with problematic stories of speech orientation with elements of extraordinary, non-standard plot, understatement. They arouse the students’ interest and motivation for an extraordinary, original solution to various problematic situations of foreign language communication. The foreign language communication skills and the solution of communicative problems are honed thanks to the student’s conscious choice to reformulate the thought, interpret statements, correct his speech mistakes. The author substantiates the idea that the teacher's appeal to modern authentic online language educational platforms has its own educational advantages. It is clarified that the didactic potential of foreign-language materials on authentic educational interactive platforms is characterized by a high linguistic orientation. This material represents foreign language communication situations with the peculiarities of the ethnic group’s mentality, linguistic culture and helps students to expand their thematic vocabulary. The practical experience of a foreign language teaching (French) to students at a technical university is summarized: the use of an authentic online educational platform "ÉCOLE SUISSE libre internationale de français appliqué" and tasks for the formation of students’ productive speech skills in a communicative situation.

Keywords: foreign language, communicative competence, speech activity, online language education platform, productive tasks.

Аuthor:

Tatyana Yu. Zalavina, Associate Professor, PhD in Philology, Associate Professor of the Foreign Languages in Engineering Department, Institute of the Humanities, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU), Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

References

1. Abdurazyakova E. P. Inoyazychnaya kommunikativnaya kompetentsiya kak odna iz sostavlyayushchikh lichnostnoi i professional'noi kharakteristik sovremennogo spetsialista, Vektor nauki Tol'yattinskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Science Vector of Togliatti State University. Series: Economics and Management], 2010, no. 3, pp. 350–352.

2. Azimov E. G., Shchukin A. N. Novyi slovar' metodicheskikh terminov i ponyatii (teoriya i praktika obu-cheniya yazykam), Moscow, Izd-vo IKAR, 2009, 448 p.

3. Antropova L. I., Zalavina T. Yu., Derina N. V. Osobennosti razvitiya professional'noi inoyazychnoi kompetentnosti studentov: kognitivno-emotsional'nyi komponent issledovaniya, Vestnik Kostromskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Pedagogika. Psikhologiya. Sotsiokinetika [Vestnik of Kostroma State University. Series: Pedagogy. Psychology. Sociokinetics], 2018, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 150–152.

4. Gal'skova N. D., Gez N. I., Teoriya obucheniya inostrannym yazykam. Lingvodidaktika i metodika : ucheb. posobie dlya studentov uchrezhdenii vysshego obrazovaniya, 8-e izd., ispr. i dop., Moscow, Akademiya, 2015, 363 p.

5. Zalavina T. Yu. Didakticheskii potentsial smeshannogo obucheniya v vysshem obrazovanii, Sovremennye problemy i perspektivy razvitiya nauki, tekhniki i obrazovaniya: materialy I Nats. nauch.-prakt. konf., Magnitogorsk, Izd-vo Magnitogorsk. gos. tekhn. un-ta im. G. I. Nosova, 2020, pp. 381–383.

6. Zalavina T. Yu. Ispol'zovanie tsifrovykh istorii kak sposob aktivizatsii samostoyatel'noi raboty studentov pri izuchenii inostrannogo yazyka, Organizatsiya samostoyatel'noi raboty studentov po inostrannym yazykam [Organization of independent work of students in foreign languages], 2020, no. 3, pp. 48–52.

7. Konnova Z. I. Razvitie professional'noi inoyazychnoi kompetentsii budushchego spetsialista pri mno-gourovnevom obuchenii v sovremennom vuze: dis… d-ra ped. nauk, Tula, 2003, 356 p.

8. Makarova O. S. Pavlenko V. G., Dontsov A.V., Kompetentnostnyi podkhod pri obuchenii inostrannomu yazyku bakalavrov, spetsialistov v usloviyakh pedagogicheskogo vuza : monografiya, Stavropol, SGPI, 2018, 106 p.

9. Obshcheevropeiskie kompetentsii vladeniya inostrannym yazykom: izuchenie, obuchenie, otsenka, Sovet Evropy. Departament po yazykovoi politike: Strasburg; per. s angl. K. M. Iriskhanovoi, Moscow, MGLU, 2005, 247 p.

10. Passov E. I., Kommunikativnyi metod obucheniya inoyazychnomu govoreniyu. 2-e izd. Moscow, Prosve-shchenie, 1991, p. 199–209.

11. Solovova E. N. Metodika obucheniya inostrannym yazykam: bazovyi kurs, Moscow, Astrel', 2008, 238 p.

12. Chistyakova V. V. Problemnye zadaniya kak sredstvo optimizatsii obucheniya monologu-ubezhdeniyu (an-gliiskii yazyk kak vtoroi inostrannyi, srednii etap), Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo universiteta [Vestnik of Saint Petersburg University. Language and Literature], 2011, no. 3, pp. 153–163.

13. Antropova L. I., Polyakova L. S., Zalavina T. Yu., Yuzhakova Yu. V. Sociocultural Conditions of Language Variation in National Languages, Mir Nauki, Kultury, Obrazovaniya. 2018, no. 6 (73), pp. 455–456.

14. Arpentieva M. R., Geraskina P. B., Lavrinenko S. V., Zalavina T. Yu., Kamenskaya E. N., & Tashcheva A. I., Directions of Psychological Research of Academic Session. Astra Salvensis, 2018, 6, 2, pp. 646–662.

15. Bogomolova E. A., Gorelova I. V., Menshikov P. V., Zalavina T. Yu., & Arpentieva M. R., The Ability to Learn and Ability to Teach: Learning and Teaching Styles. Proceedings of the International Conference on the Theory and Practice of Personality Formation in Modern Society (ICTPPFMS 2018) electronic edition, 2018, pp. 146–153.

16. Canale M., & Swain M., Theoretical Bases of Communicative Approaches to Second Language Teaching and Testing, Applied Linguistics, 1980, no, 1, pp. 1–47.

17. Hymes D., On Communicative Competence, In J.B. Pride and J.Holmes (eds.), Sociolinguistics. Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972, pp. 269–293.

18. Littlewood, W. Foreign language teaching methods: From past prescriptions to present principles. Foreign Language Teaching in Schools, 2008, 31 (4), pp. 1–13.

19. Savignon S. J., Communicative Competence: Theory and Classroom Practice. (2nd ed.), USA, McGraw-Hill, 1997, 352 p.

For citation

Zalavina T. Yu., Integration Advantages of Problem Assignments and Online Educational resources in the Formation of Students’ Foreign Language Communicative Competence, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2023, vol. 7, no.4, pp. 25–31.