Download PDF

DOI:10.18503/2658-3186-2023-7-3-50-54

Abstract. The article examines the occurrence of positive thinking and   public consciousness changes in Russia in the era of postmodernism. The article reveals the following concepts: the postmodern era, the world as a text, decentralization of thinking, situational phobias, new age, positive thinking, subjective idealism, deconstruction, postmodern irony, epistemological relativism. The irony over the alteration in public consciousness is shown by the example of postmodern novel "The Way of Bro" by Vladimir Sorokin. In the novel the world of violence and the ideal world of people, contrived by the ideologists, are closely connected. The subject of the article is the philosophy and literature of postmodernism. The aim of the work is to identify changes in postmodernism aesthetics as a result of positive thinking trend emergence. The research method is a scientific description. The article is relevant due to insufficient research of a postmodern aesthetics element in literature. The result presented in the article shows that positive thinking tendency has changed the consciousness of contemporary people. This fact allows writers to mock constantly the consciousness of their contemporaries.

Keywords: postmodernism, postmodern philosophy, positive thinking, new age, postmodern literature, postmodern irony, aesthetics of postmodernism, Vladimir Sorokin.

Author:

Ekaterina A. Cheremina – Candidate of Philological Sciences, Professor of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences, Honorary Doctor of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of General Humanities and Socio-Economic Disciplines of the Astrakhan Branch of the Saratov State Law Academy, Astrakhan, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. orcid.org/0000-0001-7318-403X.

References

1. Buzgalin A. V., Postmodernizm ustarel… zakat neoliberalizma chrevat ugrozoi «protoimperii», Voprosy Filosofii, no. 2, 2004, pp. 3–15.

2. Danilova V. S., Kozhevnikov N.N., Postneklassicheskii universalizm i setevoi chelovek: filosofskie vzglyady evolyutsii cheloveka v sovremennom mire, Nauka i Obrazovanie: Nauchnyi i Obshchestvenno-politicheskii Zhurnal, 2006, no. 3 (43), pp. 62–64.

3. Il'in I., Postmodernizm. Ot istokov do kontsa stoletiya. Evolyutsiya nauchnogo mifa, Moscow, Intrada, 1998, 255 p.

4. Il'in I. P., Postmodernizm. Slovar' terminov, Moscow, INION RAN. INTRADA, 2001, 425 p.

5. Kutyrev V. A., Dukhovnost', ekonomizm i «posle»: drama vzaimodeistviya, Voprosy Filosofii, 2001, no. 8, pp. 56–65.

6. Kue E. Soznatel'noe samovnushenie kak put' k gospodstvu nad soboi : metody, tekhnika, praktika / per. s fr. i predisl. Mikh. Kadisha, Moscow, Amrita-Rus', 2011,122 p.

7. Lektorskii V. A. Khristianskie tsennosti, liberalizm, totalitarizm, postmodernism, Voprosy Filosofii, 2001, no. 4, pp. 3–10.

8. Liotar Zh.-F. Sostoyanie postmoderna, Sankt-Peterburg, Aleteiya,1998, 65 p.

9. Ratnikov V. P. Postmodernizm: istoki, stanovlenie, sushchnost', Filosofiya i Obshchestvo, 2002, no. 4 (29), pp. 120–132.

10. Fuko M. Istoriya bezumiya v klassicheskuyu epokhu. Moscow, AST, 2010, 698 p.

11. Emerson R. U. Nravstvennaya filosofiya, Minsk, Kharvest; Moscow, AST, 2001, 384 p.

For citation

Cheremina E. A., Positive Thinking in the Philosophy and Literature of Postmodernism, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2023, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 50–54.