Download PDF

DOI:10.18503/2658-3186-2023-7-3-13-20

Abstract. This article discusses the process of forming the intercultural competence of a future teacher of foreign languages. The federal state educational standard emphasizes that a future teacher of foreign languages should show not only a high level of knowledge of a foreign language, the history and culture of the country of the language being studied, but also the theory and practice of intercultural communication. The relevance of the research lies in distinguishing the concepts of foreign language communicative competence and intercultural competence and clarifying the components of intercultural competence. The object of the study was the process of professional training of a future teacher of foreign languages. The research is based on such methods as the method of scientifically recorded observation, critical analysis of literary sources, comparison and description. The fundamental approaches were socio-cultural, intercultural and communicative. The results of the study consist in clarifying the structure of the intercultural competence of the future teacher of foreign languages and in the development of a system of work aimed at developing the intercultural competence of the future teacher of foreign languages while learning the 1st foreign language", and also while learning such subjects as intercultural communication and country studies, including intercultural problem tasks and communicative tasks aimed at developing intercultural speech skills and teaching the comparison of different cultures and the interpretation of the behavior of representatives of another culture as well as the application of the acquired intercultural knowledge in practice. For this purpose, the authors selected monocultural texts of a popular book by the British anthropologist K. Fox "Watching the English”. The practical significance of the study lies in the possibility of using research materials in the process of professional training of a future teacher of foreign languages

Keywords: intercultural competence, communicative competence, foreign language communication, cross-cultural communication, communicative skills.

Аuthors:

Anna M. Baryshnikova, Master’s Degree Student of the Institute of the Humanities, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University; Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Yulia V. Baryshnikova, Candidate of Science in Pedagogy, Docent of the Department of Linguistics and Translation Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University; Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

References

1. Vyatyutnev M. N. Teoriya uchebnika russkogo yazyka kak inostrannogo, Moscow, Russkii yazyk, 1984, 144 p.

2. Gal'skova N. D., Gez N. I., Teoriya obucheniya inostrannym yazykam. Ligvodidaktika i metodika. Moscow, Akademiya, 2008, 335 p.

3. Geikhman L. K., Interaktivnoe obuchenie obshcheniyu. Podkhod i model', Perm, Perm. un-t, 2002, 260 p.

4. Zimnyaya I. A., Psikhologiya obucheniya nerodnomu yazyku (na materiale russkogo yazyka kak inostrannogo). Moscow, Russkii yazyk, 1989, 219 p.

5. Elizarova G. V., Kul'tura i obuchenie inostrannym yazykam, Saint Petersburg, Karo, 2005, 352 p.

6. Krasil'nikova, E. V., Inoyazychnaya kommunikativnaya kompetentsiya v issledovaniyakh otechestvennykh i zarubezhnykh uchenykh, Yaroslavskii pedagogicheskii vestnik, 2009, no. 1, pp. 179–184.

7. Litvinov A. V., O strukture mezhkul'turnoi kompetentsii, Yazyk, soznanie, kommunikatsiya : sb. statei, Moscow, MAKS Press, 2004, no. 28, pp. 51–57.

8. Matienko A. V. Inoyazychnaya professional'naya kommunikativnaya kompetentsiya: opredelenie ponyatiya v logike formirovaniya polilingval'noi mul'tikul'turnoi lichnosti, Nauchnyi rezul'tat. Seriya «Voprosy teoreticheskoi i prikladnoi lingvistiki, Belgorod, FGBOU VPO «Belgorodskii gosudarstvennyi natsional'nyi issledovatel'skii universitet», 2016, no. 2(8), pp. 73–77.

9. Pavlova L. V., Vtorushina, Yu. L., Baryshnikova Yu. V. Razvitie umenii kriticheskogo myshleniya u studentov vuza na osnove mezhkul'turnogo chteniya, Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya, 2023, no. 2, p. 28.

10. Petrovskaya L. A., Kompetentnost' v obshchenii: uch. posobie dlya vuzov, Moscow, Smysl, 2007, 387 p.

11. Sadokhin A. P., Grushevitskaya T. G., Popkov V. D., Mezhkul'turnaya kommunikatsiya. Moscow, Izd-vo «Al'fa-M: INFRA-M», 2006, 288 p.

12. Sadokhin A. P., Mezhkul'turnaya kompetentnost': ponyatie, struktura, puti formirovaniya, Zhurnal sotsiologii i sotsial'noi antropologii, Saint Petersburg, Fond «Mezhdunarodnyi Fond podderzhki sotsiogumanitarnykh issledovanii i obrazovatel'nykh programm», no. 1, 2007, pp. 125–139.

13. Safonova V. V., Izuchenie yazykov mezhdunarodnogo obshcheniya v kontekste dialoga kul'tur i tsivilizatsii, Voronezh, ISTOKI, 1996, 239 p.

14. Ter-Minasova S. G., Yazyk i mezhkul'turnaya kommunikatsiya: uch. posobie dlya vuzov, Moscow, Slovo, 2000, 624 p.

15. Trunov D., Verbal'naya i neverbal'naya kommunikatsiya, Kommunikatsiya: kontseptual'nye i prikladnye aspekty (Kommunikatsiya-2004), Rostov-na-Donu, Izd-vo IUBiP. 2004. pp. 80-81.

16. Shanskii N. M., Ivanov V. V., Sovremennyi russkii yazyk: uch. posobie dlya studentov ped. in-tov, Moscow, Prosveshchenie, 1987, 192 p.

16. Bayram M., Teaching and assessing Intercultural Communicative Competence, Clevedon, Multilingual Matters, Bristol, Multilingual Matters Ltd., 1997, 136 p.

17. Fox Kate, Watching the English. The Hidden Rules of English Behaviour, London, Hodder, 2004, 424 p.

For citation

Baryshnikova A.M., Baryshnikova Yu. V.Intercultural Competence as the Goal of Intercultural Education, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2023, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 13–20.