Download PDF

DOI:10.18503/2658-3186-2023-7-2-36-41

Abstract. The article discusses dialect be carried out according to various scenarios. The first is the ratio of “winning” and “losing” variants of dialect forms. The second scenario is the appearance of an interdialect version of the language – a kind of an intermediate form that does not occur in any of the contacting dialects and arises precisely with the beginning of their interaction with each other. The third scenario is the redistribution of the “roles” of dialect forms, which can be carried out at various the language system levels, that is to be social, stylistic or focused on simplification. It is noted that among the possible results of the dialect interaction are the following: urban migration, alignment of regional dialects, the formation of new ones. The most common variant of the mutual action of dialect forms is the process of people migration. It has been established that the results of urban migration at the language level are sensitive to the history of the speaking collective resettlement, social differentiation of the population, geographical location, the language distance between the contacting dialects and a number of other factors. Dialect interaction can also be carried out due to the regional alignment of dialects, which means the loss of local dialect differences to such an extent that a relatively homogeneous variety of the language is formed. It seems that in general urbanization, daily mobility of people in the regions, resettlement for employment or for studies in educational institutions, national or regional media contribute to the alignment of dialects. The process of a new dialect formation, which includes three stages, is also considered as one of the ways of the dialect interaction on a certain territory.

Keywords: dialect form / dialect, dialect interaction, language accommodation, interdialect, population migration, dialect alignment, koineization.

Author

Natalia I. Korobkina – Candidate of philological sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of Linguistic department of Volgograd State Socio-Pedagogical University, Volgograd, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

References

1. Buraya E. A., Akkomodatsiya v protsesse kommunikatsii, Vestnik Moskovskogo gosudarstvennogo lingvisticheskogo universiteta. Gumanitarnye nauki [Vestnik of Moscow State Linguistic University. Humanities], 2017, no. 3 (771), pp. 9–21.

2.Kasavin I. T., Koine nauki. Mezhditsiplinarnost' i mediatsiya, Vestnik Rossiiskoi akademii nauk [Herald of the Russian Academy of Sciences], 2017, vol. 87, no. 11, pp. 1017–1025.

3. Krysin L. P. Koine, Russkii yazyk. Entsiklopediya, Moskva, AST-Press Kniga, 2020, 276 p.

4. Litvinenko E. Yu., Garaeva M. V., Rol' yazyka v protsesse etnicheskoi akkomodatsii, Vestnik Adygeiskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya 2: Filologiya i iskusstvovedenie [The Bulletin of Adyghe State University. Philology and Arts],2019, no. 1 (232), pp. 51–59.

5. Maksimova S. Yu., K voprosu o teoreticheskikh osnovakh yazykovykh kontaktov, Vestnik Saratovskoi gosudarstvennoi yuridicheskoi akademii [Vestnik of Saratov State Academy of Law], 2014, no. 5 (100), pp. 226–229.

6. Naiman E. A., Pashina L. A., Teoriya akkomodatsii kak osnova analiza mezhpoko-lencheskogo obshcheniya, Yazyk i kul'tura [Language and culture], 2021, no. 54, pp. 44–62.

7. Panarina N. S., Pishchal'nikova V. A., Radchenko O. A., Etnopsikholingvistika kak teoretiko-metodologicheskaya baza migratsionnoi lingvistiki, Etnopsikholingvistika [Ethnopsycholinguistics], 2022, no. 4 (11), pp. 7–28.

8. Chin' K. L. Akkomodatsiya pri dialektnykh kontaktakh: issledovanie yazyka gorodskikh soobshchestv V'et-nama, V'etnamskie issledovaniya: elektronnyi nauchnyi zhurnal [The Russian Journal of Vietnamese Studies], 2022, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 86–96.

9. Hinskens F. Dialect leveling: a two-dimensional process, Folia Linguist, 1998, vol. 32, pp. 35–51.

10. Ivars A. Town and country: when dialect meets standard in urban environments. The case of Finland Swedish, Linguistics, 2005, vol. 43, pp. 1049–1071.

11. Sandøy H., The diffusion of a new morphology in Norwegian dialects, Folia Linguist, 1998, vol. 32, pp. 83–100.

12. Trudgill P., Dialects in Contact. Oxford, UK, Blackwell, 1986, 174 p.

13. Trudgill P., Gordon G., Lewis G., Maclagan M. Determinism in new dialect formation and the genesis of New Zealand English, Linguist. 2000. vol. 36, pp. 299–318.

For citation

Korobkina N. I. Dialect Interaction as a Variety of Language Accommodation, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2023, vol. 7, no 2, pp. 36–41.