Download PDF

DOI:10.18503/2658-3186-2023-7-2-30-35

Abstract. The article examines the problem of students’ politicization consequences in the second half of the nineteenth century, which took place in Russia under the influence of the growth of the revolutionary democratic movement. In this regard, the article focuses on the actions of the state and schools to minimize the influence of revolutionary ideas on young people and prevent their involvement in the protest movement on the example of female students of the Urals secondary educational institutions. The authors refer to the main directions of the authorities school policy as a strict system of school and extracurricular supervision on the students’ behaviour and studies, the activity of trustees boards  at women's educational institutions, increased attention to the women's school by members of the Imperial family, which contributed to the formation of loyal attitudes among students, the great attention of the authorities to the religious and moral education of students as the foundation of their worldview and the basis of political trustworthiness. For these purposes, temples and churches were built at educational institutions, teaching not only Orthodox, but also Roman Catholic and Jewish creeds were introduced; the result of this was the predominance of academic performances of female students and their minimal participation in political actions. The authors offer their understanding of the assessment of the price of participation of representatives from secondary educational institutions of imperial Russia in the anti-government movement during the second half of the nineteenth century, which states the fact that in the Urals women's educational institutions did not pay a "political price" for the participation of female students in the protest movement, limited to the «school price».

Keywords: student youth, high school, protest movement, «political price», «school price», secondary school.

Authors:

Leonid M. Konev, Candidate of Historical Sciences, Associate Professor, tutor of South Ural State University of Humanities and Pedagogy; Chelyabinsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Nikita S. Korolev, Candidate of Historical Sciences, Associate Professor, Аssociate Professor of the Department of History, Museology and Records Science Chelyabinsk State Institute of Culture, Chelyabinsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

References

1. Arkhangel'ska L. V., Stanovlenie zhenskogo gimnazicheskogo obrazovaniya v Permskoi gubernii, Vestnik Permskogo universiteta [Perm University Herald. Juridical Sciences], 2015, no. 4, pp. 95–102.

2. Belavin K. A., K istorii prosveshcheniya v Orenburgskom krae : zhenskie gimnazii i progimnazii v 1875–1899 gg., Orenburg, Tipo-Litografiya Iv. Iv. Evfimovskogo-Mirovitskogo, 1903, 250 stlb.

3. Venderovskaya R. B. Soroka-Rosinskii V.N. Problemy russkoi natsional'noi shkoly, Pedagogika, 1996, no. 22, p. 77.

4. Efremova U. P., Popov M. V. Eparkhial'noe zhenskoe uchilishche i podgotovka uchitel'skikh kadrov v Ekaterinburge (1880–1920 gg.), Pedagogicheskoe obrazovanie v Rossii [Pedagogical Education in Russia], 2012, no. 6, pp. 13–19.

5. Zotova L. M., Zhenskoe obrazovanie v Vyatskoi gubernii vo 2 pol. XIX – nachale KhKh vv., Kirov, [B. i.], 2003, 243 p.

6. Kondrat'eva M. A., Otechestvennaya gimnaziya: istoricheskii opyt i sovremennye problem, Pedagogika, 1994, no. 1, pp. 75–80.

7. Konev L. M., Pervaya russkaya natsional'naya shkola na Urale. 60-e gg. XІX v. – nachalo XX v. : monografiya, Chelyabinsk, Izd-vo Chelyab. gos. ped. un-ta, 2013, 330 p.

8. Ponomareva A. A., Razvitie zhenskogo obrazovaniya na Urale v period XIX do nachala XX v., Pedagogicheskoe obrazovanie, 1997, no. 1, pp. 103–109.

9. Rushanin V. Ya., Revolyutsionno-demokraticheskoe dvizhenie ural'skoi molodezhi v 1861–1904 godakh, Chelyab. gos. ped. in-t, Chelyab. obl. otd-nie Vseros. o-va okhrany pamyatnikov istorii i kul'tury, Chelyabinsk, ChGPI, 1992, 186 p.

10. Rushanina N. P., Deyatel'nost' bol'shevikov Urala po vovlecheniyu zhenshchin v revolyutsionnuyu bor'bu na burzhuazno-demokraticheskom etape revolyutsii v Rossii (1903 – fevral' 1907 gg.), avtoreferat dissertatsii ... kand. ist. nauk : spetsial'nost' 07.00.01 - Istoriya Kommunisticheskoi partii Sovetskogo Soyuza, Chelyabinskii gosudarstvennyi pedagogicheskii institute. Chelyabinsk, [b. i.], 1990, 23 p.

11. Semakov S., Iz revolyutsionnogo proshlogo molodezhi Vyatskoi gubernii (1905–1906 gg.), Vyatka, [B. i.], 1926, 78 p.

12. Filippov B. A., Obrazovanie i sotsial'naya politika (vzglyad na diskussii KhKh v.), Pedagogika. 1995, no. 1, pp. 104–109.

For citation

Konev L. M., Korolev N. S. The Price of Participation of the Women's Secondary Educational School Representatives in the Protest Movement in the Urals in the Second Half of the XIXth Century, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2023, vol. 7, no.2, pp. 30–35.