Download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/2658-3186-2023-7-1-19-25

Abstract.  Soviet printed propaganda was an important aspect of the ideological influence that ensured the morale of Soviet citizens, actualizing the heroic and selfless work. The purpose of this article is to identify the forms and features of printed Soviet propaganda in the initial period of the Great Patriotic War. The implementation of research tasks was achieved through the use of such historical sources as "Magnitogorsk worker" and "Chelyabinsk worker" for 1941. When working with sources, the author used both traditional and special methods of historical research, in addition, an interdisciplinary approach led to the use of the method of linguistic analysis. The article revealed the main directions of the organization of printed propaganda and revealed the differences between newspaper articles in 1941, pre-war and wartime. As the study showed, the propaganda message was targeted, its messages were aimed at introducing specific ideas into the minds of certain groups of people. The purpose of propaganda was to motivate people for selfless and above-planned work, to root thoughts about the inseparability of the rear and the front during the Great Patriotic War. The conclusion is made about the appearance of slogan-style article headings and the militarization of the vocabulary of newspaper texts after the start of the Great Patriotic War. The central place in the newspaper essays of the first year of the Great Patriotic War is occupied by women and workers of retirement age, who can work in factories with high quality and beyond the plan. The genre diversity of newspaper publications was also determined, the categories of people who occupied a central place in newspaper essays were identified.

Keywords: propaganda, Great Patriotic War, periodicals, heroic labor, rear.

Authors:

Marina N. Potemkina – Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor, Head of the World History Department, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Amina B. Busseruel – PhD student of the World History Department, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

References

1. Belousov A. B. Ot propagandy do svyazei s obshchestvennost'yu (k vykhodu v svet russkogo izdaniya knigi Edvarda Berneisa), Svoboda mysli. 2010, no. 8, pp. 199-211.

2. Bol'shakova O. V. Berkkhoff K. Rodina v opasnosti: sovetskaya propaganda v gody Vtoroi mirovoi voiny: referat, Istoriya Rossii v sovremennoi zarubezhnoi nauke, 2015, no. 1, pp. 53–57.

3. Zemlyanskii K. A. Formirovanie obraza geroya v gody Velikoi Otechestvennoi voiny (na materialakh Rostovskoi oblasti), Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedenii. Povolzhskii region. Gumanitarnye nauki, 2016, no. 1 (37), pp. 42–49.

4. Livshin A. Ya., Orlov I. B. Propaganda i politicheskaya sotsializatsiya, Otechestvennaya istoriya, 2008, no. 1, pp. 99–105.

5. Lymarev A. N. Propaganda i ee osnovnye priemy na stranitsakh periodicheskikh izdanii v gody grazhdanskoi voiny (na materialakh gazet yuzhnogo Urala), Grokhovskie chteniya: materialy vos'moi regional'noi muzeinoi konferentsii, Chelyabinsk, Iz-vo gosudarstvennogo istoricheskogo muzeya Yuzhnogo Urala, 2017, pp. 179-183.

6. Lymarev A. N., Paletskikh N. P. Periodicheskaya pechat' Urala nakanune i v gody Velikoi Otechestvennoi voiny: k istoriografii problem, Vestnik YuUrGU. Seriya: Sotsial'no-gumanitarnye nauki, 2012, no. 10 (269), pp. 36–39.

7. Orlov I. B. Sovetskaya voennaya propaganda: polidistsiplinarnost' kak issledovatel'skaya perspektiva, Novoe proshloe / The New Past, 2020, no. 4, pp. 26–41.

8. Potemkina M. N., Tokarev E. V. Motivatsiya truda v yuzhnoural'skoi promyshlennosti: mekhanizmy i praktika voennogo perioda (na primere Magnitogorskogo Metallurgicheskogo Kombinata 1941-1945gg.) [Elektronnyi resurs], Vestnik Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta. Elektronnyi nauchnyi zhurnal, 2020, no. 1 (33), URL: http://vestospu.ru/archive/2020/articles/12_1_2020.html (data obrashcheniya: 10.01.2023).

9. Potemkina M. N., Lushina T. S. Vospitanniki moskovskogo internata v ural'skom tylu: otrazhenie voennoi deistvitel'nosti v sinkhronnykh ego-dokumentakh, Tekhnologos, 2020, no. 3, pp. 123–133.

10. Senyavskaya E. S. Geroicheskie simvoly: real'nost' i mifologiya voiny, Otechestvennaya istoriya, 1995, no. 5, pp. 30–44.

11. Silyankin N. V., Kunzharov E. M. Osnovnye formy sovetskoi propagandy v 1941–1945 gg., Trudy Bratskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Gumanitarnye i sotsial'nye nauki, 2015, T. 1, pp. 224–226.

12. Tertychnyi A. A. Zhanry periodicheskoi pechati : ucheb. posobie, Moscow, Aspekt Press, 2000, 310 p.

13. Yankovskaya G. A. «Shel soldat s fronta». Poslevoennye realii i gendernye obrazy sovetskikh illyustrirovannykh zhurnalov, Pobediteli i pobezhdennye. Ot voiny k miru: SSSR, Frantsiya, Velikobritaniya, Germaniya, SShA (1941–1950), Moscow, ROSSPEN, 2010, pp. 284–296.

14. Ellul J. Propaganda. The formation of men's attitudes, New York, Edition Notes, 1973, 323 p.

For citation

Potemkina M. N., Busserue A. B. Promotion of Heroic Labor in the Rear Lines at the Initial Stage of the Great Patriotic War (by the Materials of the Regional Press), Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2023, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 19–25.