Download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/2658-3186-2022-6-1-12-18

Abstract: The article is devoted to an urgent problem related to the use of digital technologies, innovative solutions and information and communication tools in the teaching process of visually impaired people. The article describes cutting-edge digital technologies and using peculiarities in education of people with visual impairment. Particular attention is paid to the prerequisites and conditions for successful digital innovations application in creating an inclusive educational environment for visually impaired students. It is noted that the issues of creating a barrier-free educational environment using advanced digital technologies for people with visual impairments remain open and require further study. The results of the study showed the need not only to expand the educational opportunities of people with visual impairments, considering the latest digital technologies, but also to develop didactic materials, adapt curricula and the educational environment as a whole to the application of innovative methods with digital technologies to maximize educational needs and requests of people with visual impairments. Based on the scientific papers analysis and the results of domestic and foreign researches, it is concluded that digital technologies use in inclusive educational environment for people with visual impairment will allow to overcome socio-psychological barriers in learning, open alternative ways of obtaining knowledge, gain access to various didactic materials in an available and appropriate way, improve existing and create new forms and methods of education for people with visual impairments.

Keywords: inclusive educational environment, information and communication technologies, digital technologies, students with visual impairment.

Authors:

Yuri V. Melikhov, Chairman of the Magnitogorsk Local Organization of the All-Russian Society of the Blind, Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 

Galina V. Tuguleva, Associate Professor, Candidate of Pedagogy, Department of Preschool and Special Education, Institute of Humanitarian Education, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU); Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 

Referencis

1. Bugrovskii A. I. Gruppy interesov v sotsial'noi politike Rossii: primer vserossiiskikh obshchestv invalidov, slepykh, glukhikh, Sotsial'no-politicheskie nauki [Sociopolitical Sciences], 2020, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 129–136.

2. Dokhoyan A. M., Maslova I. A. Assistivnye tekhnologii v inklyuzivnom obrazovanii: uchebnoe posobie, Moscow, Aĭ Pi Ar Media, 2020, 90 p.

3. Ovsyannikova E. A., Tuguleva G. V., Khabibulin D. A. Inklyuzivnaya obrazovatel'naya sreda kak aspekt sotsial'no-psikhologicheskoi adaptatsii studentov s OVZ, Problemy sovremennogo pedagogicheskogo obrazovaniya [Problems of modern pedagogical education], 2018, no. 60-4, pp. 305–307.

4. Pekpaeva M. A. Informatsionnoe obshchestvo: sovremennye realii i problemy razvitiya, Voprosy politologii [Political Science Issues], 2020, vol. 10, no. 11 (63), pp. 3364-3374.

5. Roshchina M. A. Tifloinformatsionnaya gramotnost' kak faktor povysheniya kachestva zhizni invalidov po zreniyu, Vestnik Nizhegorodskogo universiteta im. N. I. Lobachevskogo. Seriya: Sotsial'nye nauki [Vestnik of Lobachevsky University of Nizhni Novgorod], 2013, no. 4 (32), p. 76–81.

6. Sokolov V. V. Sovremennye komp'yuternye tekhnologii v inklyuzivnom obuchenii studentov s gluboki-mi narusheniyami zreniya [Elektronnyi resurs], Inklyuzivnoe obrazovanie: metodologiya, praktika, tekhnologii. URL: https://psyjournals.ru/inclusive_edu/issue/44235_full.shtml (accessed 25 January 2022).

7. Tuguleva G. V., Mitsan E. L., Galimzyanova T. N. T'yutorskoe soprovozhdenie studentov s OVZ v usloviyakh professional'noi podgotovki, Aktual'nye problemy sovremennoi nauki, tekhniki i obrazovaniya: tezisy dokladov 78-i mezhdunar. nauch.-tekhn. konf. /gl. red. O. N. Tulupov, Magnitogorsk, Izd-vo Magnitogorsk. gos. tekhn. un-ta im. G. I. Nosova, 2020, t. 2, p. 556.

8. Choizhalsanova A. Ts. Novye vozmozhnosti i bar'ery sotsial'noi adaptatsii lits s OVZ v usloviyakh tsif-rovoi transformatsii, Fundamental'nye issledovaniya [Fundamental research], 2021, no. 11, pp. 190–194.

9. Shvetsov V. I., Roshchina M. A. Pedagogicheskoe soprovozhdenie osvoeniya i primeneniya komp'yuternykh tekhnologii kak sredstva sotsial'noi integratsii lits s glubokimi narusheniyami zreniya, Vestnik NNGU [Vestnik of Lobachevsky University of Nizhni Novgorod], 2012, no. 4-1, pp. 54–55.

10. IT-tekhnologii kak sredstvo reabilitatsii nezryachikh lyudei: sostoyanie, problemy i perspektivy: sb. st. po materialam Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konferentsii (30 noyabrya - 2 dekabrya 2011 g., g. Perm') / pod red. A. P. Subbotina, Permskaya kraevaya spetsial'naya biblioteka dlya slepykh. Perm', 2011, textarchive.ru [sait], URL: https://textarchive.ru/c-1560512-pall.html (accessed 25 January 2022).

11. Cheng R. et al. Hierarchical visual localization for visually impaired people using multimodal images, Expert Systems with Applications, 2021, vol. 165, p. 113743.

European comparative data on Europe 2020 and persons with disabilities: labour market, education, poverty and health analysis and trends. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union, 2021, 266 р.Khan, Sulaiman Analysis of Navigation Assistants for Blind and Visually Impaired People: A Systematic Review, IEEE access: practical innovations, open solutions, 2021, vol. 9; pp 26712–26734.Long-term care report: trends, challenges and opportunities in an ageing society. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union, 2021, 141 р.Nadhir Ab Wahab, Mohd Text Reader for Visually Impaired Person, Journal of physics, 2021, Conference series, vol. 1755: Issue 1; рр 89–95. 16. Plikynas, Darius Research advances of indoor navigation for blind people: A brief review of technological instrumentation, IEEE instrumentation & measurement magazine, 2020, vol. 23, no. 4, pp 22–32.

For citation

Melikhov Yu. V., Tuguleva G. V. New Digital Solutions in Inclusive Educational Environment for People with Visual Impairment, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2022, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 12–18.