Download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/2658-3186-2021-5-4-43-49

Abstract. The article presents general and particular methodological issues related to the preparation and adoption of translation decisions that relate to interlanguage transformations. The search for optimal ways of presenting terminological vocabulary in information search systems has been carried out. The research conducted by the author is the development of one of the most actual problems of our time, related to the development of the basics of creating a methodology for translation solutions. The problem of transmitting scientific and technical information contained in multicomponent terms is considered. The author considers various approaches to Multicomponent Terms analysis and uses various techniques for modeling terminological lexico-semantic sign systems. The term isomerism is introduced, the Multicomponent Terms translation algorithm is defined. The main stage in the isomeric Multicomponent Terms (MT) translation algorithm is the reorientation of components as a natural transformation of the structure of the English MT in the process of translation it into Russian. The stage of reorientation of components should be preceded by the determination of the admissibility of adjectivization of attributive nouns, which indicates the possibility of choosing only one of the isomeric Multicomponent Terms. Multicomponent Terms are divided into several groups depending on the role of the reference component relative to attributes, and this is taken into account when constructing translation algorithms. The author suggests a translation algorithm developed on the basis of a cognitive approach to contrastive research for practical application. The range of issues and problems arising in the translation of multicomponent terms is presented in a systematic form. The article is of interest to translators, students, postgraduates, university teachers and others who are interested in the problems of philology and translation.

Keywords: multicomponent terms, translation, thesaurus, activity approach, transformation.

Author:

Vladimir V. Mikhailov, Associate Professor, Candidate of Pedagogy, Associate Professor Foreign Languages for Engeneering Chair, Institute of the Humanities, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU), Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

References

1. Arutyunova N. D. Predlozhenie i ego smysl (logiko-semanticheskie problemy). Moscow, Nauka, 1976, 383 p.

2. Vasil'eva S. L., Gavrilova A. V. Osobennosti perevoda mnogokomponentnykh terminov v angliiskom yazyke (na primere sfery prirodopol'zovaniya), Mezhdunarodnyi zhurnal gumanitarnykh i estestvennykh nauk, 2017, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 61–64.

3. Grinev-Grinevich S. V. Terminovedenie: ucheb. posobie dlya stud. vyssh. ucheb. zavedenii, Moscow, Izdatel'-skii tsentr «Akademiya», 2008, 304 p.

4. Zerkina N. N., Yuzhakova Yu. V. Istoricheskii i pragmaticheskii aspekty v angliiskoi orfografii, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya, 2021, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 39–45.

5. Krupnov V. N. Praktikum po perevodu s angliiskogo yazyka na russkii : ucheb. posobie dlya vuzov, Moscow, Vysshaya shkola, 2005, 297 p.

6. Kudinova T. A. K voprosu o prirode mnogokomponentnogo (na primere angliiskogo pod»yazyka bio-tekhnologii), Vestnik Permskogo universiteta [Perm University Herald. Juridical Sciences], 2011, no. 2 (14), pp. 58–61.

7. Ladygina S. Yu. Osobennosti perevoda angliiskikh tekhnicheskikh mnogokomponentnykh terminov, Slovo, vyskazyvanie, tekst v kognitivnom, pragmaticheskom i kul'turologicheskom aspektakh: materialy VIII Mezh-dunar. nauch. konf. /otv. red. L. A. Nefedova, t. 1, Chelyabinsk, Entsiklopediya, 2016, pp. 413–415.

8. Latu M. N. Osobennosti vozniknoveniya i funktsionirovaniya odnokomponentnykh i mnogokomponent-nykh terminov, Filologicheskie nauki. Voprosy teorii i praktiki [Philology. Theory & Practice], 2015, no. 1 (43), Chast' 1, pp. 104-108.

9. Lipina Ya. E. Strukturnye osobennosti angloyazychnykh mnogokomponentnykh terminov v sfere avtomo-bilestroeniya, Aktual'nye problemy filologii: materialy III Mezhdunarodnoi nauch. konf, Kazan', Molodoi uchenyi, 2018, pp. 36-39.

10. Superanskaya A. V., Podol'skaya N. V., Vasil'eva N. V. Obshchaya terminologiya: voprosy teorii, Moscow, Librokom, 2012, 248 p.

For citation

Mikhailov V. V. Multicomponent Terms in Translation Activities, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2021, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 43–49.