Download PDF 

DOI: 10.18503/2658-3186-2021-5-4-22-29

Abstract. The international scientific-practical conference «HUMAN +» held on November, 23-25, 2021, was dedicated to finding answers to the most important questions of the humanities - what is «human», what is their nature and position in the new world. Within the framework of plenary and breakout sessions, for the first time in the history of the Institute of Humanitarian Education, NMSTU. participants met to discuss in English the issues of human nature through the prism of words, history and movement. How to achieve and maintain constant openness to change ? How is creative and simple freedom given, and how is it obtained? Despite the fact that in search of answers to these questions, scientists increasingly turn to the body, its movements, internal or muscular feeling, knowledge about a human is not limited to biological data or religious beliefs and should be based on history. The conference considered the issues of how a certain understanding of human nature arises and what alternatives to the biological view of man can be, the analysis of a wide range of issues of history, philology and motor culture from the 18th century to the present day was highlighted, paying tribute to the complexity and diversity of knowledge about man. Historical knowledge is fundamental to human self-understanding. It allows us to see the «human» as a process of man's creation of themselves, going from the past and extended into the future. Self-creation of a person becomes possible thanks to the reflective circle of thought and action. The materials of the article contain an overview of interesting and diverse reports, as well as general results of the conference.

Keywords: interdisciplinary scientific conference, man, word, motion culture, history, philology, pedagogy, sociology, ethnography, psychology.

Author:

Tatyana Yu. Baklykova, Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of linguistics and translation, Institute of the Humanities of the Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education «Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University», Magnitogorsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

References

1. Sirotkina I. Svobodnyi tanets v Rossii: istoriya i filosofiya, Moscow, Novoe literaturnoe obozrenie, 2021, 424 p.

2. Sirotkina I. E. Tanets: opyt ponimaniya. Esse. Znameniye khoregraficheskie postanovki i perfomansy. Antologiya tekstov o tantse, Moscow; Saint Petersburg, Boslen; Izd-vo Evropeiskogo universiteta v Sankt-Peterburge, 2020, 256 p.

3. Smit R. Chuvstvo dvizheniya : intellektual'naya istoriya / per. s angl. N. Zhutovskoi i N. Rogovskoi, Moscow, Kogito-Tsentr, 2021, 376 p.

4. Kharari Yu. N. Sapiens. Kratkaya istoriya chelovechestva / per. s angl. L. Summ. Moscow, Sindbad, 2018, 512 p.

For citation

Baklykova T. Yu. «What is Human?»: International Scientific and Practical Conference «Human Plus», Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2021, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 22–29.