Download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/2658-3186-2021-5-3-43-48

Abstract. The article covers the concept of a world picture and describes one of its components – an emotional world picture. The latter is understood as emotional reflection and sensual perception of the surrounding world, which through the consistent implementation of the processes of conceptualization, categorization and verbalization are reflected in the language. The question of what is conceptual integration and conceptual blending is raised. The author of the article comes to the following conclusion: conceptual integration as a basic cognitive operation takes place at the language level, when a mixture of the two original mental spaces occurs in the human subconscious, which indicates the emergence of a specific (mental) construct – a conceptual blend. Interestingly, some modern occasionalisms, being a speech reflection of the emotional picture of the talking / listening world, realize the so-called game function, since they are based on a language game. The phenomenon of language game is not inherently homogeneous. On the one hand, we are dealing with a conscious violation of the norm, on the other hand, there is a certain deviation from the rules, but within the limits of the norm. Both of these views, of course, have the right to exist in modern linguistic science. It does not matter which of these approaches dominates. The important thing is that any language game involves the implementation of a creative function. On the pages of this paper modern compressive occasionalisms are considered, which can cause certain emotions in the speaker / listener. Such nominations, performing various functions (creative, appellative, etc.), can in various communicative situations be a speech reflection of the emotional world picture of a person as a component of his overall picture of the world.

Keywords: world picture, emotional world picture, language game, conceptual integration, conceptual blend, compressive occasionalism.

Аuthor:

Natalia I. Korobkina, Candidate of philological sciences, Associate Professor of Linguistic department of Volgograd State Socio-Pedagogical University, Volgograd, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

References

1. Zimina L. O. Kompressivnoe slovoobrazovanie v reklame, Vestnik Chelyabinskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Chelyabinsk State University Bulletin], 2007, no. 22, pp. 50–53.

2. Il'yasova S. V. Amiri L. P. Yazykovaya igra v kommunikativnom prostranstve SMI i reklamy, Moscow, Flinta, 2015, 296 p.

3. Korobkina N. I. Nekotorye funktsii sovremennykh kompressivnykh okkazionalizmov kak otrazheniya yazykovoi ekonomii, Grani poznaniya [Facets of Knowledge], 2013, no. 5 (25), pp. 151–157.

4. Korobkina N. I. Kommunikativnye sfery-istochniki sovremennykh kompressivnykh okkazionalizmov, Sovremennaya filologiya. Materialy IV Mezhdunar.nauch. konf. / otv. red.: G. A. Kainova, E. I. Osyanina, Ufa, Leto, 2015, pp. 64-67.

5. Kumanitsina E. I. Lingvokreativnyi aspekt angloyazychnoi massovoi kommunikatsii: yazykovaya igra v britanskikh i severoamerikanskikh mass-media: dis. … kand. filol. nauk. Volgograd, 2006, 220 p.

6. Nemirova N. V. Pretsedentnost' v zerkale teorii kontseptual'noi integratsii, Kognitivnye issledovaniya yazyka [Cognitive Studies of Language], 2020, no. 2 (41), pp. 680–683.

7. Pogosova K. O. Kartina mira i ee vidy, Byulleten' Vladikavkazskogo instituta upravleniya (VIU) [Vladikavkaz Institute of Management Bulletin], 2006, no. 17, pp. 217–230.

8. Sannikov V. Z. Russkii yazyk v zerkale yazykovoi igry, Moscow, Kniga po trebovaniyu, 2011, 542 p.

9. Shakhovskii V. I. Sootnositsya li emotivnoe znachenie s ponyatiem?, Voprosy yazykoznaniya [Topics in the Study of Language], 1987, no. 5, pp. 47–58.

10. Shakhovskii V. I. Emotsional'naya kartina mira i yazyk, Leksika, grammatika, tekst v svete antropo-logicheskoi lingvistiki: tez. dokl. i soobshch. nauch. konf., 12-14 maya, 1995, g. Ekaterinburg, Izd-vo Ural. un-ta, 1995, pp. 72–73.

11. Fauconnier G., Turner M. Mental spaces: conceptual integration networks, Cognitive linguistics: basic readings / edited by Dirk Geeraerts. Walter de Gruyter GmbH & Co. KG, 2006, pp. 303–371.

For citation

Korobkina N. I. Modern Compression Occasionalisms as a Speech Reflection of the Human World Emotional Picture, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2021, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 43–48.