Download PDF

Abstract

The research of the person in the last decades became one of the most relevant directions of the modern humanity. In the center of attention of scientists there is a person in all his manifestations including his emotional state. Emotions as a way of interaction of the person with the world draw attention of psychologists and physiologists; they attract not smaller interest also of the linguists seeking to show how in language this party of our life is reflected. Material selection of a research is dictated by interest which at the end of XX – the beginning of the 21st century is attracted in the Russian society by orthodox church, its opportunity to act as a moral guideline. The relevance of a research is defined by these two factors.

Lives of Saints are the least rated genre of ecclesiastical writing which authors can use language, close to informal conversation, that does it clear and close to the reader. The description of emotions as the states peculiar to one and all people, is capable to help the reader to see heroes of lives as ordinary people who live near it, and in such a way to create an image ideal, but live, but not the "schematic person" whose course of life can serve as a role model. The analysis of this layer of lexicon in the text of "Saint Xenia of Saint Petersburg's life" is carried out with use of methods of the contextual and semantic analysis. The research allowed to draw a conclusion that the emotional condition of the heroine of the hagiographical work has the same external manifestations and often the same reasons, as at potential readers of this work, and helps to apprehend her as the terrestrial, become to Saints thanks to sincere belief person.

Keywords: hagiography, life, emotion, emotional state, emotional lexicon, estimated words

Author:

Lyudmila N. Mishina, Docent, Candidate of Phlological Sciences, Docent of Department of Russian Language, General Linguistics and Mass Communication, Institute of Humanitarian  Education, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU); This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

References

1. Apresyan Yu. D. Obraz cheloveka po dannym yazyka: popytka sistemnogo opisaniya, Voprosy Jazykoznanija [Topics in the study of language], 1995, no. 1, pp. 37-67.

2. Arutyunova N. D. Yazyk i mir cheloveka. Moscow, Yaz. rus. kul'tury, 1998, 896 p.

3. Bizhoev B. Ch., Tokmakova M. Kh. Gendernaya spetsifika vyrazheniya emotsii adygskimi zhenshchinami (na materiale kabardino-cherkesskogo yazyka), Voprosy kognitivnoi lingvistiki [Issues of Cognitive Linguistics], 2018, vol. 2, pp. 126‒131.

4. Bol'shoi tolkovyi slovar' russkogo yazyka [Elektronnyi resurs] / Gl. red. S. A. Kuznetsov. Pervoe izdanie: Saint-Petersburg, Norint, 1998, Publikuetsya v avtorskoi redaktsii 2014 goda Gramota.ru : [sait]. [2000–2019]. URL: http://gramota.ru/slovari/info/bts/.

5. Vendina T. I. Srednevekovyi chelovek v zerkale staroslavyanskogo yazyka, Moscow, Indrik, 2002, 336 p.

6. Vereshchagin E. M. Istoriya vozniknoveniya drevnego obshcheslavyanskogo literaturnogo yazyka. Perevodche-skaya deyatel'nost' Kirilla i Mefodiya i ikh uchenikov, Moscow, Martis, 1997, 325 p.

7. Gnev : pravoslavnaya entsiklopediya [Elektronnyi resurs] : Tserkovno-nauchnyi tsentr «Pravoslavnaya Entsiklopediya»: [sait]. [1998–2014]. URL: http://www.pravenc.ru/text/165179.html

8. Eremina O. V. K voprosu ob emotsional'no-ekspressivnom potentsiale otsenochnoi semantiki ryada re-chevykh glagolov angliiskogo yazyka, Voprosy kognitivnoi lingvistiki [Issues of Cognitive Linguistics], 2015, vol. 3, pp. 86‑89.

9. Zinchenko V. P., Meshcheryakov G. P. Bol'shoi psikhologicheskii slovar', Moscow, AST; AST-Moskva; Saint-Petersburg, Praim-Evroznak, 2008, 811 p.

10. Kalimullina L. A. Semanticheskaya kharakteristika emotivnoi leksiki (na materiale pamyatnikov drevnerusskoi pis'mennosti), Vestnik Bashkirskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Bashkir University], 2012, vol. 17, no. 1(I), pp. 575‒579.

11. Mishina L. N., Osipova A. A., Franchuk O. V. K voprosu o rabote s tekstami drevnerusskikh zhitii v srednei shkole, Perspektivy nauki i obrazovaniya [Perspectives of Science and Education], 2018, no. 6 (36), pp. 164-172.

12. Osipova A. A., Pozdnyakova N. V. Osobennosti syuzheta i yazyka zhitiya Iakova Chernoriztsa (Postnika) (Ob odnom neobychnom otryvke iz Suprasl'skoi rukopisi), Problemy istorii, filologii, kul'tury [Journal of Historical, Philological and Cultural Studies], 2018, vol. 1, no. 59, pp. 223‒228.

13. Franchuk O. V. Predstavlenie o vesel'e v yazykovoi kartine mira drevnikh slavyan (pesni, plyaski), Ot yazykovoi kartiny mira srednevekovogo slavyanina k sovremennoi yazykovoi kartine mira / pod red. S. G. Shulezhkovoi: v 2-kh ch. vol. 1, Magnitogorsk, MaGU, 2007, pp. 35-41.

14. Shakhovskii V. I. Kategorizatsiya emotsii v leksiko-semanticheskoi sisteme yazyka. Izd. 2, ispr. i dop. Moscow, URSS, 2008, 208 p.

15. Shmelev A. D. Russkii yazyk i vneyazykovaya deistvitel'nost', Moscow, Yaz. slavyanskoi kul'tury, 2002, 496 p.

16. Wierzbicka A. Emotions Across Languages and Cultures: Diversity and universals. Cambridge University Press, 1999. 361 p.

For citation

Mishina L. N. Specifics of the Human Emotional Condition Designation in "Saint Xenia of Saint Petersburg's Life", Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2019, vol. 3, no 3, pp. 58‑64.