Download PDF

Abstract

The article deals with precedent phenomena used by the Russian Media. The phenomena under study belong to the Russian literary period that took place in the late 1800s and in the 20th century. The purpose of the article is to highlight the functional peculiarities of the precedent phenomena by means of discourse, contextual, linguistic and cognitive analysis. The author uses a descriptive method, which involves observation, cognitive interpretation and classification skills. The practical material of the article is taken with the help of continuous sample method. The practical usage of precedent phenomena by the publicists and the ways of their goals implementation are in the center of attention in the article. The research results of the work can be used in the course of country study, rhetoric and the course of stylistics. The results also might be helpful within the research of questions dedicated to national and cultural features of the modern Russian society as well as to some aspects of cross-cultural communication. During the analysis of the feature material it was revealed that the precedent phenomena of Russian literature at the turn of the century in the Russian media are mostly aimed at imparting expressiveness to the publication. The titles of Russian literature works in the end of the XIX‒XX centuries are included in the composition of the headings, where they either maintain their original pragmatic potential or help to create a fundamentally different pragmatism. The precedent names of the Russian literature heroes of the late XIX‒XX centuries noted by the author in the analysis are a means of psychological and social assessment of contemporary politicians and the country population as a whole. The use of quotations and literary works excerpts give publications an advertising character, attractiveness and also engage the reader in cognitive activity and increase his intellectual level.

Keywords: precedent phenomenon, precedent name, “source-sphere”, Russian literature, anthroponym, quote.

Author:

Irina A. Naumova, Senior teacher, Department of Business English, Chelyabinsk State University, Chelyabinsk, Russia, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

References

1. Burtin Yu. A. Vam, iz drugogo pokolen'ya: K publikatsii poemy A. Tvardovskogo «Po pravu pamyati» 1987 g. [Elektronnyi resurs] // BURTIN.RU [sait]. URL: http://www.burtin.ru/vam.htm (data obrashcheniya: 05.11.2017).

2. Boyarskikh O. S. Pretsedentnoe vyskazyvanie v gazetnom tekste: osobennosti chitatel'skogo vospriyatiya, Politicheskaya lingvistika [Political Linguistics], vol. (1)21, Ekaterinburg, 2007, pp. 64–69.

3. Golubeva N. A. Grammaticheskie pretsedentnye edinitsy v sovremennom nemetskom yazyke: dis. … d-ra filol. nauk. N.-Novgorod, 2010. 291 p.

4. Gudkov D. B. Teoriya i praktika mezhkul'turnoi kommunikatsii. M.: Gnozis, 2003. 288 p.

5. Zakharova M. A. Semantika i funktsionirovanie allyuzivnykh imen sobstvennykh (na materiale angloyazychnykh khudozhestvennykh i publitsisticheskikh tekstov): dis. … kand. filol. nauk. Samara, 2004. 192 p.

6. Karasik V.I., Slyshkin. G.G. O tipakh diskursa, Yazykovaya lichnost': institutsional'nyi i personal'nyi diskurs: sb. nauch. trudov. Volgograd, Peremena, 2000, pp. 5–20.

7. Karasik V. I. Etnokul'turnye tipy institutsional'nogo diskursa, Etnokul'turnaya spetsifika rechevoi deyatel'nosti: sb. obzorov, Moscow: INION RAN, 2000, pp. 37–64.

8. Karaulov Yu. N. Russkii yazyk i yazykovaya lichnost'. Moscow, Nauka, 1987, 261 p.

9. Krasnykh V. V., Gudkov D. B, Zakharenko I. V., Bagaeva D. B. Kognitivnaya baza i pretsedentnye fenomeny v sisteme drugikh edinits i v kommunikatsii, Vestnik MGU. Ser. 9. Filologiya [Moscow State University Bulletin. Series 9. Philology], 1997, no. 3, pp. 62‒75.

10. Krasnykh V. V. Etnopsikholingvistika i lingvokul'turologiya. Kurs lektsii, Moscow, ITDGK «Gnozis», 2002, 284 p.

11. Kubryakova E. S., Aleksandrova O. V. O konturakh novoi paradigmy znaniya v lingvistike, Struktura i semantika khudozhestvennogo teksta: doklady VII mezhdunar. konf. / otv. red. E. I. Dibrova. Moscow, SportAkademPress, 1999, pp. 186–197.

12. Kubryakova E. S. Yazyk i znanie. Na puti polucheniya znanii o yazyke: chasti rechi s kognitivnoi tochki zreniya. Rol' yazyka v poznanii mira, Yazyki slavyanskoi kul'tury: Ros. akademiya nauk. In-t yazykoznaniya. Moscow, Yazyki slavyanskoi kul'tury, 2004, 560 p.

13. Kuz'mitskaya E.V. Pretsedentnye fenomeny v tvorchestve M. A. Kuzmina: dis … kand. filol. nauk. Saint-Petersburg, 2005, 206 p.

14. Nakhimova E. A. O kriteriyakh vydeleniya pretsedentnykh fenomenov v politicheskikh tekstakh, Lingvistika. Byulleten' Ural'skogo lingvisticheskogo obshchestva, vol. 13, Ekaterinburg, 2004, pp. 166–174.

15. Stepanov Yu.S. Al'ternativnyi mir, Diskurs, Fakt i Printsip prichinnosti, Yazyk i nauka kontsa 20 veka. Moscow, RAN, 1996, pp. 35–73.

16. Tereshchenko A.V. Pretsedentnye imena v sovremennom russkom i angliiskom yazykakh: status, semantika, osobennosti funktsionirovaniya, Vestnik TGPU (TSPU Bulletin) no. 11 (176), Tomsk, 2016, pp. 76–84.

17. Teun A. van Dijk. Ideology A Multidisciplinary Approach. London, 1998. 365 p. URL: http: //www.discourses.org/OldBooks/Teun%20A%20van%20Dijk %20-%20Ideology.pdf

For citation

Naumova I. A. Russian Literature Precedents of the Late XIX–XX Centuries in Russian Media, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2019, vol. 3, no 2, pp. 42–50.