Download PDF

Abstract

The article presents the analysis of  project activity effectiveness in the teaching of English to senior pre-school children. The analysis is based on the research works by L.A. Dautova, Yu.V. Mitrukov, N.D. Gal'skov, Z.N. Nikitenko, who advocate that the pre-school age is the best time for the beginning of second language acquisition, as children’s minds are not yet burdened with speech stamps and they can easily memorize words from other languages. Such researches as E.N. Zemlyanskaya, M.B. Eliseeva, A.A. Zalevskaya endorse the idea of second language acquisition at an early age, since the contemporary educational system is exercised on the bases of continuity in education. A child gained basic phonetic, grammar and syntactical knowledge of a second language at an early age makes more progress in acquisition of this language at primary school. Experience has shown that the traditional methodology in second language teaching sometimes fails to be effective. In this context the project activity is  considered to be a more effective technology in second-language teaching. By the example of four lessons united around topics “Colours”, “Animals”, “The enigmatic space”, “City” the author proves that the project activity in pre-school is a more effective technology in comparison with traditional methods of second language teaching. At the end of the experiment the children in the experimental group showed better phonetic, grammar and syntactical skill in English. They also became more creative and highly motivated to master English and learnt to plan and achieve the set goals.

Keywords: the English language teaching, project activity, design, product of project activity, educational environment.

Author:

Olga V. Pustovoitova, Candidate of Phililogy, Tutor, Department of Pre-School Education, Institute for the Humanities, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU), Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

References

1. Dautova L. A. Psikhologo-pedagogicheskie usloviya rannego obucheniya inostrannomu yazyku, Nauka i mir. 2014, N 6, pp. 42–45.

2. Eliseeva M. B. O leksicheskom razvitii rebenka rannego vozrasta, Logoped v detskom sadu, 2016, N 1, pp. 10-20.

3. Zhidkova E. Professiogramma vospitatelya, Doshkol'noe vospitanie, 2016, N 11, pp. 114–118.

4. Zemlyanskaya E. N. Uchebnye proekty v razvivayushchem obrazovanii: metodicheskoe posobie, Moscow, MPGU, 2017, 75 p.

5. Isaev E. I. Proektirovanie psikhologicheskogo obrazovaniya pedagoga, Voprosy psikhologii, 1997, N 6, pp. 48–57.

6. Kantor K. M. Opyt sotsial'no-filosofskogo ob"yasneniya proektnykh vozmozhnostei dizaina, Voprosy filosofii, 1981, N 11. pp. 84–96.

7. Kononova A. F. Detskaya angloyazychnaya literatura v rannem obuchenii inostrannomu yazyku (profes-sional'no-napravlennyi kurs) : uchebnoe posobie. Saint-Petersburg, Akademiya Print, 2013, 94 p.

8. Kornilova K. V. Prognozirovanie v strukture professional'noi deyatel'nosti rukovoditelya i peda-goga doshkol'nogo obrazovatel'nogo uchrezhdeniya , Vestnik KGU im. N.A. Nekrasova. N 3, 2009, pp. 357–361.

9. Minyuk Yu. N. Metod proektov kak innovatsionnaya pedagogicheskaya tekhnologiya, Innovatsionnye peda-gogicheskie tekhnologii : materialy Mezhdunar. nauch. konf. (g. Kazan', oktyabr' 2014 g.) / otv. red. G. A. Kainova, E. I. Osyanina. Kazan': Buk, 2014, pp. 6–8. URL https://moluch.ru/conf/ped/archive/143/6151/ (data obrashcheniya: 08.12.2018).

10. Mitrukova Yu. V. Igrovaya deyatel'nost' kak sredstvo razvitiya rechevoi deyatel'nosti doshkol'nikov na zanyatiyakh angliiskogo yazyka, Inostrannye yazyki v shkole, 2014, № 5, pp. 29–35.

11. Nikitenko Z. N. Kontseptual'nye osnovy razvivayushchego inoyazychnogo obrazovaniya v nachal'noi shko-le: monografiya, Moscow, MPGU, 2011. 192 p.

12. Pakhomova N. Yu. Proektnoe obuchenie – chto eto?, Metodist. 2004. №  1. pp. 42–45.

13. Proektnyi metod v deyatel'nosti doshkol'nogo uchrezhdeniya: posobie dlya rukovoditelei i praktiche-skikh rabotnikov DOU / avt.-sost. L.S. Kisileva, T.A. Danilina i dr. Moscow, ARKTI, 2011. 196 s.

For citation

Pustovoitova O. V. Project Activity in the English Language Acquisition by Senior Pre-school Children, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2019, vol. 3, no 1, pp.