Download PDF

Abstract

The article reflects the results of the study of some aspects of psychological readiness for the realization of the parental role of young men and girls who are at different stages of relationships: planning a marriage and marriage relations. By means of a psychodiagnostic complex, the respondents ' ideas about ideal parenting are revealed; the level of formation of the components of psychological readiness for parenthood is defined. It was found out that young couples who are at the stage of marriage planning are mostly focused on non-family and child- free values. At the same time, young married couples are more focused on the family life values and its material support. Both couples and couples in the pre-marital period have a predominant cognitive component, while emotional and behavioral components take a back seat. Significant differences in ideas about ideal parenting are shown: in married couples, these ideas are formed more clearly and are associated with the manifestation of care and protection of a child and a large emotional involvement in his fate. In general, young married couples have a higher level of emotional-positive attitude towards a child than couples who are at the stage of premarital courtship. The results of the study can become the basis for developing a program of psychological support for young families planning to give birth to a child. In addition, it is possible to outline ways of preventive work aimed at preventing psychoemotional distress of all family members concerning with a disharmonious parental position. An equally important area is pre-marital counseling for couples in order to aware and agree the positions of future spouses on children birth and upbringing.

Keywords: parenthood, psychological readiness for parenthood, adolescence, young family, marriage planning.

Аuthors:

Natalya G. Bazhenova, Associate Professor, Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor  Department of Psychology, Institute of Humanitarian Education, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU), Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Oxana V. Tokar, Associate Professor, Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor  Department of Psychology, Institute of Humanitarian Education, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU), Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

References

1. Aleksandrova T. V., Kostina L. M. Semeinye ustanovki vzroslykh v svyazi s ikh detskimi vospominaniyami o roditel'skoi sem'e, Azimut nauchnykh issledovanii: pedagogika i psikhologiya [Azimuth of Scientific Research: Pedagogy and Psychology], 2018, vol. 7, no. 4 (25), pp. 277-279.

2. Arkhireeva T. V., Fedosova O.V. Psikhologicheskaya gotovnost' k ottsovstvu u muzhchin v vozraste ot 16 do 35 let, Semeinaya psikhologiya i semeinaya terapiya, 2006, no. 1, pp. 75-86.

3. Zhupieva E. I. K voprosu o gotovnosti k roditel'stvu v yunosheskom vozraste, Sovremennye issledovaniya sotsial'nykh problem, 2017, vol. 8, no. 2–2, pp. 100–103.

4. Ivakina V. V. Formirovanie u studentok psikhologicheskoi gotovnosti k materinstvu, Perinatal'naya psikhologiya i psikhologiya roditel'stva, 2008, no. 1, pp. 100-116.

5. Ippolitova E. A., Kroyan G. F. Semeinye perspektivy yunoshei i devushek, sklonnykh k deviantnomu povedeniyu, Azimut nauchnykh issledovanii: pedagogika i psikhologiya [Azimuth of Scientific Research: Pedagogy and Psychology], 2018, vol. 7, no. 3 (24), pp. 295–298.

6. Kashirskaya I. K. Predstavleniya studentov o professional'nykh i semeinykh rolyakh, Professional'nye predstavleniya, 2009, no. 1, pp. 242–263.

7. Malkina-Pykh I.G. Gendernaya terapiya, Moskow, Eksmo, 2006, 928 p.

8. Meshcheryakova S. Yu. Psikhologicheskaya gotovnost' k materinstvu, Voprosy psikhologii, 2000, no. 5, pp. 18-27.

9. Ovcharova R. V. Psikhologiya roditel'stva, Moskow, Izd. tsentr «Akademiya», 2005, 368 p.

10. Ovcharova R.V. Roditel'stvo kak psikhologicheskii fenomen: ucheb. posobie, Moskow, Moskovskii psikhologo-sotsial'nyi institut, 2006, 496 p.

11. Smirnova O. E., Bozhova M. V. Opyt issledovaniya struktury i dinamiki roditel'skogo otnosheniya, Voprosy psikhologii, 2000, no. 3, pp. 37–42.

12. Smol'nikova S. O. Ideal materi, rolevye prityazaniya materei i udovletvorennost' rebenkom, Semeinaya psikhologiya i semeinaya terapiya, 2007, no. 2, pp. 73–79.

13. Tokar' O. V., Usanova O. A. Diagnostika i korrektsiya detsko-roditel'skikh otnoshenii, Moskow, Flinta, 2014, 48 p.

14. Khabibulin D. A. Matematicheskie metody v psikhologii. Magnitogorsk, MGTU im. G.I. Nosova, 2006, 149 p.

15. Shapar' V. B. Prakticheskaya psikhologiya. Psikhodiagnostika otnoshenii mezhdu roditelyami i det'mi. Rostov n/D, Feniks, 2006, 432 p.

For citation

Bazhenova N. G., Tokar O. V. Psychological Readiness for Parents of Boys and Girls, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2020, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 37–44.