Download PDF

Abstract

The modern conditions of numerous risks and threats attach particular importance to the effective financial policy, which would allow to direct financial resources to solve urgent socio-economic problems of the whole state. Therefore, today it is so especially relevant to study the historical experience (both positive and negative) on the implementation of measures by the Soviet state on transferring the country from the wartime emergency conditions   into a peaceful course. The article outlines the main elements of the problems of post-war measures to abolish the rationing system and the transition to free trade in 1947. The study was conducted on the basis of archival materials of the Chelyabinsk Region, which allows to supplement the available information and comprehend the results of the cancellation of the rationing system in 1947. In order to make an objective research work on the topic, there were used a comprehensive methodological approach, including general scientific, special scientific (historical-genetic, historical-comparative, historical- systemic) ones, as well as interdisciplinary methods of cognition. The article shows the reasons and goals of canceling rationing cards, preparatory actions of regional authorities, the implementation of state regulations in the cities of the region; describes the mood of certain categories of the population; the results and consequences of the abolition of the rationing system in the economic, political and social aspects are indicated. It is concluded that in general the trading network of the Chelyabinsk Region was not ready to cancel the rationing system, the issue of stable supply of food to the population remained unresolved. Given the difficulties, the mass of shortcomings and shortcomings, the transition to free trade against the backdrop of the monetary reform in 1947 became a necessary stage in financial policy, laying the foundation for stabilizing the ruble and further reducing retail prices for consumer goods.

Keywords: Ration card system, post-war reform, food and industrial goods, free trade, supply of the population, Chelyabinsk Region.

Аuthor:

Alexander A. Rukavishnikov, Postgraduate student Institute of Extramural Studies, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU), Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

References

1. Gruzitskii Yu. Pervaya poslevoennaya reforma (k 65-letiyu denezhnoi reformy 1947 g.), Банкаўскі веснік, aprel' 2013, no. 10 (591), pp. 56–62.

2. Zhukov Yu. N. Stalin: tainy vlasti, Moscow, VAGRIUS, 2005, 720 p.

3. Zubkova E. Yu. Poslevoennoe sovetskoe obshchestvo: politika i povsednevnost'. 1945–1953, Moscow, ROSSPEN, 2000, 229 p.

4. Katasonov V. Yu. Ekonomika Stalina, Moscow, Institut russkoi tsivilizatsii, 2014, 416 p.

5. Lyubetskii A. E. Vsestoronnee obespechenie semei voennosluzhashchikh v gody Velikoi Otechestvennoi voiny (po materialam obrashchenii grazhdan), Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2018. vol. 2, no.2, pp. 42–49.

6. Pashina N. V., Fedorchenko V. I. Problemy podgotovki ekonomicheskoi reformy 1947 g. (na materia-lakh Krasnoyarskogo kraya), Sotsial'no-ekonomicheskii i gumanitarnyi zhurnal Krasnoyarskogo GAU [Social and economic and humanitarian magazine of Krasnoyarsk SAU], 2018, no. 4 (10), pp. 180–194.

7. Pikhoya R. G. Sovetskii Soyuz: istoriya vlasti, Novosibirsk, Sibirskii khronograf, 2000, 684 p.

8. Popov V. P. Ekonomicheskaya politika Sovetskogo gosudarstva. 1946–1953 gg., Tambov. TGTU, 2000, 222 p.

9. Potemkina M. N. «Vykovyrennye»: lichnostnoe vospriyatie evakuatsii v gody Velikoi Otechestvennoi voiny: monografiya, Magnitogorsk,Magnitogorsk. gos. tekhn. un-ta im. G.I. Nosova, 2016, 151 p.

10. Pyzhikov A. V., Danilov A. A. Rozhdenie sverkhderzhavy: 1945–1953 gg. Moscow, OLMA-PRESS, 2002, 319 p.

11. Repinetskii A. I. Realizatsiya denezhnoi reformy 1947 g. i reaktsiya naseleniya (na materialakh Kui-byshevskoi (Samarskoi) oblasti), Izvestiya Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra RAN [Izvestia of Samara Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences], 2010, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 120–124.

12. Spitsyn E. Yu. Rossiya – Sovetskii Soyuz 1946–1991 gg. Polnyi kurs istorii dlya uchitelei, prepoda-vatelei i studentov: V 4 t., T. 4, Moscow, Kontseptual, 2015, 512 p.

13. Khanin G. I. Ekonomicheskaya istoriya Rossii v noveishee vremya: V 2 t., T. 1, Novosibirsk, NSTU, 2008, 516 p.

14. Khisamutdinova R. R., Alant'eva E. V. Otmena kartochnoi sistemy i perekhod k svobodnoi torgovle na Yuzhnom Urale posle okonchaniya Velikoi Otechestvennoi voiny, Vestnik Leningradskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta im. A. S. Pushkina [Vestnik of Pushkin Leningrad State University], 2014, vol. 4. Istoriya, no. 3, pp. 127–135.

15. Chudnov I. A. Denezhnaya reforma 1947 g. v kontekste sovetskoi denezhno-kreditnoi politiki 1930–1950-kh godov, Kemerovo, Kuzbas. gos. tekhn. un-ta, 2002, 318 p.

For citation

Rukavishnikov A. A. Implementation of Activities on Canceling Ration Card System in Cities of Chelyabinsk Region in 1947, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2020, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 27-35.