Download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/2658-3186-2021-5-1-6-9

Abstract

The article discusses the theoretical and practical aspects of implementing the project-based teaching method in universities. There is a slight and ambiguous difference in effectiveness between the traditional and project-based teaching methods, which depends on the specific educational direction. The research problem is the implementation of a project-based teaching technology as a set of methods for solving problems posed within the framework of a certain activity. Such activity should be a complex of interrelated activities aimed at solving the assigned tasks, which in the design method coincide with the pedagogical tasks. The purpose of this study is to identify facts that make it possible to represent the effectiveness of the implementation of project-based education in the practice of the university. Research methods - a comprehensive analysis of scientific articles and statistical data on the practice of implementing project-based education in universities. The effectiveness of the design method was investigated for undergraduates of the technological faculty of the university. There have also been four comprehensive reviews of the effectiveness of the project method in medical education. Interdisciplinary projects with the active participation of students and teachers are considered. Most of the results of research on the effectiveness of project-based learning in higher education agree that one of the key components of the project-based method is group orientation. The main results of the study indicate that the practice of introducing project-based education in universities shows a predominantly positive result. The novelty of the research is expressed by an objective examination of various problematic aspects in the practice of implementing the project method in universities, taking into account the experience of foreign countries. The significance of the research lies in obtaining objective data that serve as the basis for further research in this direction.

Keywords: project-based education, education, university, practice, implementation, students, teachers.

Author:

Olga Yu. Muller, Candidate of pedagogical sciences, Senior Lecturer, Department of pedagogics of professional and additional education, Surgut State University, Surgut, Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug–Yugra, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

References

1. Ivanova S. V., Pastukhova L. S., Vozmozhnosti ispol'zovaniya proektnogo metoda v obrazovanii i rabote s molodezh'yu na sovremennom etape?, Obrazovanie i nauka [The Education and Science Journal], 2018, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 29-49.

2. Rybina I. R., Popova I. Yu. Proektnoe obuchenie kak element organizatsii uchebnoi deyatel'nosti v kontekste sovremennogo obrazovaniya, Uchenye zapiski Orlovskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2014, no. 4 (60), pp. 299–302.

3. Trishchenko D. A. Opyt proektnogo obucheniya: popytka ob"ektivnogo analiza dostizhenii i problem, Obrazovanie i nauka [The Education and Science Journal], 2018, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 132–152.

4. Donnelly R., Fitzmaurice M. Collaborative Project-based Learning and Problem-based Learning in Higher Education: a Consideration of Tutor and Student Role in Learner-Focused Strategies, Emerging Issues in the Practice of University Learning and Teaching. Dublin, 2005, pp. 87–98.

5. Coppens T. [et al.] Problem Based Learning for Sustainability and Sustainable Cities, JPBLHE, 2020, vol. 8, no. 1, URL: https: //journals.aau.dk/index.php/pbl.

6. Gonzales I. PBL an Innovative Learning Tool for Urban Planning Teaching?, Advantages and Limitations for its Application in Undergraduate Teaching in the Spanish Context, PBL for Sustainable Cities in Latien-America, Bogota 19–21 September 2018 at: Bogota (Columbia), рр. 51–54.

7. Helle L., Tynjälä P., Olkinuora E. Project-Based Learning in Post-Secondary Education. Theory, Practice and Rubber Sling Shots, Higher Education, 2006, no. 51 (2), pp. 287–314.

For citation

Muller O. Yu. Theoretical and Practical Aspects of the Implementation of Project Training in the University, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2021, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 6–9.