Download PDF

doi: 10.18503/2658-3186-2024-8-3-62-68

Abstract. The authors face a very difficult goal - to analyze the meanings and grammatical properties of words denoting object features in the language of one of the small indigenous peoples of the South Urals. Recordings of lively colloquial speech of the Nagaybaks form the material for the study. The novelty of the work lies in that it represents one of the stages on the way to the first Nagaybak grammar. Nowadays there are few Nagaybaks who are fluent in the language of their ancestors. Sociologists recognize both the Nagaybak ethnic group and its unwritten language as being on the verge of extinction. Under such conditions, field methodology of language material collecting and its further semantic, grammatical, comparative processing using descriptive, comparative-historical and linguoculturological methods of analysis become the most effective. The results of observation of lexemes denoting object features or phenomena in the Nagaybak language indicate, on the one hand, the richness of this class of words, and on the other, its difference from the similar category of Russian adjectives in terms of performing of grammatical categories. Most clearly it can be performed by Nagaybak adjectives which have no ability to be changed by gender, numbers and cases. Therefore, Nagaybak adjectives cannot agree with definable nouns and only adjoin them. The relevance of the study lies in its contribution to the creation of the base for the introduction of Nagaybak writing, which means that this ethnic group could have a chance to avoid dissolution among other peoples.

Keywords: Nagaybak language, adjectives, agglutination, semantic classes, grammatical categories, syntactic function, distinctive features

Acknowledgments: the work was supported by the Russian Science Foundation and the government of the Chelyabinsk region, Project № 23-18-20045 “Creation of Nagaybak writing as the base for saving the unique culture and language of one of the small indigenous ethnic groups of the Southern Urals”.

Information about the authors

Shulezhkova S. G. – Doctor of Philology, Professor, Department of the Russian Language, General Linguistics and Mass Communication, Institute of Humanitarian Education, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU).

Pozdnyakova N. V. – PhD in Philological Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Russian Language, General Linguistics and Mass Communication Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University.

Georgieva S. I. – Doctor of Philology, Professor of the Department of the Russian Philology, Plovdiv University Paisiy Hilendarski.

References

1. Teryakov I. G. Slovar' govora nagaibakov (po materialam sela Fershampenuaz Nagaibakskogo raiona Chelyabinskoi oblasti, Kazan, Institut istorii im. III. Mardzhani. Institut izucheniya istorii, kul'tury kryashen i nagaibakov, 260 c. (in press, 2015).

2. Mineev P. M. Russko-nagaibakskii slovar'. Nagaibaksko-russkii slovar'. Russko-nagaibakskii tematicheskii slovar', izd. 2-e ispr. i dop., Chelyabinsk, Tsitsero, 2017, 271 p.

3. Vasil'ev N. P. Kollektsiya slov i etnograficheskikh zametok, Poselok Ostrolenskii Nagaibakskogo raiona, Chelyabinskoi oblasti, 116 p. (in press, 2023).

4. Baryshnikova O. I. Nagaibaksko-russkii slovar'. Russko-nagaibakskii slovar' / gl. red. S. G. Shulezhkova, red. A. A. Osipova, Magnitogorsk, Izd-vo MGTU im. G. I. Nosova, 2015, 112+175 p.

5. Atnagulov I. R. Fenomen nagaibakskoi identichnosti kak rezul'tat politiko-administrativnykh re-form i russkikh kul'turnykh vliyanii vtoroi poloviny XVI – nachala XX v., Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstven-nogo universiteta = Tomsk State University Journal of Philology, 2021, no. 69, pp. 86–92. (In Russ.).

6. Belorussova S. Yu. Ischezayut li nagaibaki?, Etnografiya = Etnografia, 2023, no.1 (19). pp. 203–224. (In Russ.).

7. Belorussova S. Yu. Nagaibaki: dinamika identichnosti, Saint Petersburg, Izd-vo MAE RAN, 2019, 424 p.

8. Gupalo A. Nagaibakskaya missiya v XIX – nach. XX v. 1-e izd., Chelyabinsk, Sovet Russkoi pravoslavnoi tserkvi, 2023, 425 p.

9. Shulezhkova S. G. Pravoslavie i pis'mennost' kak faktory sokhraneniya nagaibakskogo etnosa, Nauchnyi dialog = Scientific Dialogue, 2024, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 140–159. (In Russ.).

10. Shulezhkova S. G., Osipova A. A. Sintez tyurkskogo i russkogo, otrazhennyi v tematicheskom pole «Ka-zachestvo» nagaibakskogo yazyka, Problemy istorii, filologii, kul'tury = Problems of History, Philology and Culture, Journal of Historical, Philological and Cultural Studies, 2023, no. 4, pp. 221–227. (In Russ.).

11. Nagaibakskii alfavit, Baryshnikova O. I., Shulezhkova S. G. Nagaibaksko-russkii slovar' s gram-maticheskimi pometami / pod red. N. V. Pozdnyakovoi, Moscow, FLINTA, 2023, p. 11.

12. Baryshnikova O. I., Osipova A. A., Shulezhkova S. G. Әitem tiktәn әitelmei, Poslovitsa nedarom molvitsya: tolkovyi slovar' poslovits i pogovorok nagaibakskogo Naroda, Magnitogorsk, ZAO «Magnitogorskii Dom pechati», 2019, 157 p.

13. Baryshnikova O. I., Shulezhkova S. G. «O tebe dusha stradaet…»: nagaibakskie chastushki s perevodom na russkii yazyk, Magnitogorsk, ZAO «Magnitogorskii Dom pechati, 2020, 156 p.

14. Shulezhkova S. G., Baryshnikova O. I. Russko-nagaibakskii razgovornik, Moscow, FLINTA, 2023, 252 p.

15. Baryshnikova O. I., Shulezhkova S. G. Nagaibaksko-russkii slovar' s grammaticheskimi pometami / pod red. N. V. Pozdnyakovoi, Moscow, FLINTA, 2023, 276 p.

16. Shulezhkova S. G., Pozdnyakova N. V., Georgieva S. I. Imena sushchestvitel'nye v nagaibakskom yazyke kak grammaticheskii klass slov, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya = Humanitarian and pedagogical Research, 2024, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 51–58. (In Russ.).

17. Zamaletdinov R. R., Sattarova M. R., Safonova S. S., Chupryakova O. A., Yusupova Z. F. Sopostavitel'-naya grammatika russkogo i tatarskogo yazykov / pod red. prof. R.R. Zamaletdinova, Kazan, Izd-vo Kazanskogo universiteta, 2017, 180 p.

18. Shulezhkova S. G. Russkii sled v leksiko-frazeologicheskoi sisteme nagaibakskogo yazyka, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya = Humanitarian and pedagogical Research, 2022, no. 3, pp. 49–54. (In Russ.).

For citation:  Shulezhkova S G., Pozdnyakova N. V., Georgieva S. I. Words denoting object features in the Nagaybak language and their grammar characteristics, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya = Humanitarian and pedagogical Research, 2024, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 62–68. (In Russ.), doi:10.18503/2658-3186-2024-8-3-62-68.