Download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/2658-3186-2023-7-4-49-55

Abstract. The article, based on archival sources of Magnitogorsk City Archive, examines the experience of organizing the work of people with disabilities in Magnitogorsk under construction. There are quite a lot of researches on the employment of disabled people in the 1930s in the Soviet Union. Some of them are devoted to the social security of people with disabilities, others - to the peculiarities of the organization of their work. Most of the researches were carried out within the framework of the everyday life history at the local level. This study will not be unique from a methodological point, but it reveals another facet of the problem: the characteristics of work and social support for people with disabilities in the terms of a city under construction. The lack of housing, utilities and supplies affected the living conditions of disabled people in Magnitogorsk in the 1930s. Other social, everyday and psychological conditions had additional impact. The city under construction became the main source of replenishing the artel of disabled people with new personnel, and, therefore, bore a certain responsibility for them. The article consistently studies the issues of organizing an artel of disabled people, its goals and objectives, production features and diversity, training and working conditions, terms for hiring and firing workers, social guarantees and everyday life challenges. The founding, support and development of an enterprise for people with disabilities from the very beginning, overcoming the difficulties of an objective nature associated with the construction of Magnitogorsk, and subjective ones based on the characteristics of the workforce, make it possible to analyze the experience of the past to solve current problems of integrating people with disabilities not only into the social environment, but also in labor relations.

Keywords: disabled people, Magnitogorsk, industrialization, Stalinism, five-year plan.

Author:

Nina V. Chernova, Associate Professor, Candidate of History, Associate Professor of the Department of World History, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU), Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

References

1. Aksarin V. V., Proizvodstvennaya deyatel'nost' promyslovoi arteli invalidov «Krasnyi sever» v 1940–1950 gg., Istoricheskie, filosofskie, politicheskie i yuridicheskie nauki, kul'turologiya i iskusstvo-vedenie. Voprosy teorii i praktiki [Historical, philosophical, political and law sciences, culturology and study of art. Issues of theory and practice], 2017, no. 8 (82), pp. 13–15.

2. Lazarenko E. I., Deyatel'nost' Bryanskogo gubernskogo ob"edineniya artelei invalidov voiny, Istoriya. Obshchestvo. Politika [History. Society. Policy], 2021, no. 2 (18), pp. 65–73.

3. Makarova N. N., Magnitogorsk kak sotsiokul'turnyi proekt sovetskoi vlasti v 1930–1950-e gg., Magnitogorsk, Magnitogorskii dom pechati, 2021, 532 p.

4. Makarova N. N., Mekhanizmy formirovaniya naseleniya novogo goroda v usloviyakh forsirovannoi industrializatsii (po materialam Magnitogorska), Ural'skii istoricheskii vestnik [Ural Historical Journal], 2011, no. 1 (30), pp. 71–76.

5. Morozov N. M. Organizatsiya truda invalidov v Kuznetskom okruge vo vtoroi polovine 1920-kh–1930e gg., Izvestiya Altaiskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Izvestiya of Altai State University], 2021, no. 3 (119), pp. 24–28.

6. Pechalova L. V., Kooperatsiya Severnogo Kavkaza v period industrializatsii (1926–1941 gg.), Sovremennaya nauchnaya mysl' [Modern Scientific Thought], 2017, no. 1, pp.67–72.

7. Rusakov S. N., Gosudarstvennaya sotsial'naya podderzhka kirovskikh invalidov i pensionerov v 1938 – iyune 1941 gg., Vestnik Vyatskogo gosudarstvennogo gumanitarnogo universiteta [Herald of Vyatka State University], 2014, no. 9, pp. 72–79.

8. Tkacheva G. A., Mestnaya promyshlennost' i promyslovaya kooperatsiya dal'nevostochnogo regiona v gody Velikoi Otechestvennoi voiny (1941–1945), Klio, 2020, no. 5 (161), pp. 92–99.

9. Chernova N. V. Organizatsiya i rabota kooperativnoi arteli v usloviyakh stroyashchegosya goroda (na prime-re magnitogorskoi arteli «Uralshvei»), Mobilizatsionnaya model' ekonomiki: istoricheskii opyt Rossii XX veka : sb. materialov Vseros. nauch. konf. Nauchnyi sovet RAN po problemam rossiiskoi i mirovoi ekonomicheskoi istorii, Chelyabinskii gosudarstvennyi universitet, Tsentr ekonomicheskoi istorii / pod red. G. A. Goncharova, S. A. Bakanova, Chelyabinsk, Entsiklopediya, 2009, pp. 470–476.

10. Chernova N. V., Udarnichestvo i stakhanovskoe dvizhenie v magnitogorskoi arteli «Uralshvei» (1933–1939 gg.), Sotsialisticheskii gorod i sotsiokul'turnye aspekty urbanizatsii: sb. materialov Mezhdunar. konf., pod red. N. N. Makarovoi, N. S. Frolovoi. Magnitogorsk, Izd-vo Magnitogorskogo gos. un-ta, 2010, pp. 172–187.

11. Chesnokova Yu. V. Pravovoe regulirovanie i organizatsiya sotsial'nogo obespecheniya invalidov voiny v 1941–1945 gg., Pravo i praktika [Law and practice], 2019, no. 2, pp. 44–47.

12. Chukho A. R. Proizvodstvennaya deyatel'nost' artelei promyslovoi kooperatsii i kooperatsii invalidov na Kubani v 1943–1945 gg., Izvestiya Sochinskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Izvestiya Sochi state university], 2013, no. 1–2 (24), pp. 85–88.

For citation

Chernova N. V., Disabled People Labour Peculiarities in Magnitogorsk in 1930s, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2023, vol. 7, no.4, pp. 49–55.