Download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/2658-3186-2023-7-3-39-44

Abstract. The article examines the position and role of the women in the social sphere of Kyrgyzstan during the years of independence. The subject of the study is to identify the conditions, trends and patterns that determine the position of women in the socio-cultural processes of Kyrgyzstan in 1991-2021. The main purpose of the work is to analyze the status of women in the socio-cultural processes of Kyrgyzstan during the years of independence (1991-2021). In accordance with the goal, the task is defined: to study the status of women in the conditions of changing socio-cultural processes of Kyrgyzstan. The economic reforms carried out in the country have led to the increase of poverty, especially among women. In order to participate in society, women need to have access to continuous improvement of education at various levels. In the Kyrgyz traditional society, there are stereotypes of the upbringing, according to which pedagogy and medicine were considered as a purely female activity, and so, still dominate in engineering specialties. But unfortunately, these professions do not provide women with appropriate remuneration for their work and occupation of status positions in a modern Kyrgyz society. Socio-economic and cultural changes in the country are primarily related to the achievements of medical science and healthcare. However, the opportunities of this area are not used and supplied in a full range. The result was the deterioration in the health of the population, the increase in a number of the disabled people, patients with tuberculosis, sexually transmitted diseases, alcoholism and drug addiction. Currently, the reasons are poverty, and destruction of a former social protection system. The other grounds are the decay within the structure and quality of nutrition in conditions of permanent decrease of the living standard among the main population segments.

Keywords: women, economic reforms, social sphere, poverty level, equality.

Author

Kipariza N. Karabaeva – Senior Lecturer of the Department of “History and Philosophy” of Kyrgyz National Agrarian University named after K.I. Skryabin, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

References

1. Godovoi doklad 2008 god UNFPA, New York, [s. n.], 2009, 38 p.

2. «Den sooluk»: Meditsinalyk entsiklopediya / Bashky red. Borbugulov M. B.; Bashky red. mүchөlөrү: Ait-matov Ch. T. zhana bashka; red. sovet: Murzaliev A. zhana bashka; SSR IA zhana bashka, Frunze, Kyrgyz Sovet Entsiklopediyasynyn Bashky red., 1991, 456 p.

3. Zhenshchiny i muzhchiny Kyrgyzskoi Respubliki: 2016–2020: statisticheskii sbornik, Bishkek, Natsio-nal'nyi statisticheskii komitet Kyrgyzskoi Respubliki, 2021. 307 p.

4. Karabaeva K. N. Sotsiologiya sem'i i braka: uchebnoe posobie, Bishkek, [s. n.], 2011p. 78 p.

5. Koichumanova Ch. U. Polozhenie zhenshchin Kyrgyzstana v usloviyakh rynochnoi ekonomiki, Voprosy istorii Kyrgyzstana. Bishkek, 2006, no. 4, pp. 68–71

6. Kurmanalieva N. U. Zhiznennyi uroven' naroda v usloviyakh perekhoda k rynochnym otnosheniyam, BUU YuNESKOnun Bishkekte өtkөn subregionduk seminaryndagy: doklad. Bishkek, 1995. 4-6-mart.

7. Kyrgyz Respublikasynyn statistikalyk zhyldygy (2015-2019zhzh.), Kyrgyz Respublikasynyn Uluttuk statistika komiteti, Bishkek, [s. n.], 2020, 220 p.

8. Kyrgyzstan vkhodit v chislo stran s vysokimi tempami rosta VICh-infitsirovannykh [Elektronnyi resurs], VOZ IA KNews, 2016, URL: https://knews.kg/2016/11/29/voz-kyrgyzstan-vhodit-v-chislo-stran-s-vysokimi-tempami-rosta-vich-infitsirovannyh/. Zagl. s ekrana.

9. Lyudi i roli: gendernyi format. Materialy programmy Gendernaya politika i SMI` na postsovet-skom prostranstve, Saint Petersburg, Zvezda, 2003, 402 p.

10. Obzor Pekin +25: Gendernoe ravenstvo i rasshirenie prav i vozmozhnostei zhenshchin v stranakh SPE-KA sentyabr' 2020 goda [Elektronduk resurs]. URL: https://www.unescap.org/sites/default/files/ESCAP B25_Central_Asia_Report_20200911_RUS.pdf. Zagl. s ekrana.

11. Organizatsiya Ob"edinennykh Natsii [Elektronduk resurs], URL: https://www.facebook.com/UnitedNationsRussian/. Zagl.s ekrana.

12. Osmonalieva R. Zhenshchiny Kyrgyzstana: vchera i segodnya / Izdanie v ramkakh mezhd. proekta «Vospo-minaniya zhenshchin: ustnye istorii perekhodnogo perioda», Bishkek, [s. n.], 2003, 180 p.

13. Osmonov Ө. Kyrgyzstandyn aiyl charbasy zhana aiyl-kyshtaktardyn sotsialdyk turmushu, Bishkek, [s. n.], 1994, 288 p.

14. Otchet o polozhenii zhenshchin v Kyrgyzskoi Respublike 2000-2005 gody, Bishkek, [s. n.], 2004, 185p.

15. Progress i aspekty smertnosti novorozhdennykh v Kyrgyzstane /Detskii fond OON (YuNI-SEF)», Bishkek, [s.n.], 2021, 100 p.

16. Tabyshalieva A. Otrazhenie vo vremeni : Zametki k istorii polozheniya zhenshchin Tsentral'noi Azii / predisl. E. Shukurova, Bishkek, Fond «Soros-Kyrgyzstan», 1998, 136 p.

17. Edilova M. Tranzittik koomdogu elet zhakyrchylygy zhana өspүrүm baldar, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, 1998, 171 p.

18. Elebaeva A. B. Mezhetnicheskie otnosheniya v postsovetskikh gosudarstvakh Tsentral'noi Azii: dinamika razvitiya, Bishkek, Ilim, 2001,137 p.

19. YuNISEF na russkom yazyke - UNICEF in Russian [Elektronnyi resurs], URL: https: www.fasebook.com/158378627551817/posts/4820596584663308/.-Zagl. s ekrana

For citation

Karabaeva K. N. Women of Kyrgyzstan in the Conditions of Transformation of Socio-cultural Processes (1991–2021), Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2023, vol. 7, no 3, pp. 39-44.