Download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/2658-3186-2023-7-3-21-30

Abstract. The dispossession of peasants and their further exile are a tragic page in the Soviet past. It is relevant to study how the peasants withstood all the hardships and rigors of daily routine existed in new conditions of isolation being repressed without legal grounds for life.  Deprived of elementary rights, people made up for the missing industry personnel in jobs that did not require high qualifications. The so-called kulaks were sent to work at the construction sites of the five-year plan, fellings and mines, etc. Where it was difficult to send a free person of his own free will. The subject of the study is the adaptation of exiled peasants to new living conditions, their daily life, emotional and psychological state. The purpose of the study is to determine the real situation of the special contingent in the Ural region in the early 1930s. The scientific novelty of the study lies in the fact that the article analyzes and systematizes both new published documents and those introduced into scientific circulation for the first time. The chronological framework of the study covers 1930–1933, when the mass eviction of wealthy peasants took place. The article uses both general scientific methods and historical-genetic, comparative and other methods of historical research. As a result of studying the exiles’ life, it was revealed that the special settlers, especially at the first stage of exile, were in the most difficult conditions. Uncomfortable housing was allocated for their living. The insufficient medical care and the poor supply of food and industrial goods led to high mortality. The hard work going along with the unsettled life caused lots of stress and frustration.

Keywords: Ural region, exiled peasants, special settlements, living conditions, medical care, food.

Author:

Vladimir V. Filatov, Associate Professor, Doctor of Historical Sciences, Leading Researcher of the Research and Innovation Sector, Research Institute of Historical Anthropology and Philology, Laboratory of Philological Internet Strategies, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU), Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

References

1. Akhmetzyanov S. Kh., Raskulachennyye – pervostroiteli Magnitogorska, Magnitogorsk, Magnitogorskiy Dom pechati, 2016, 200 p.

2. Belasheva I. V., Psikhologiya ekstremal'nykh i chrezvychaynykh sostoyaniy, Stavropol', Izd-vo SKFU, 2015, 262 p.

3. Vasilyuk F. Ye., Tipologiya perezhivaniya razlichnykh kriticheskikh situatsiy, Psychological journal [Psychological journal]. 1995, no. 5, pp. 104-114.

4. Veprev O. V., Lyutov V. V., Gosudarstvennaya bezopasnost': tri veka na Yuzhnom Urale, Chelyabinsk, Yuzh.-Ural. kn. izd-vo, 2002, 445 p.

5. Viola L., Krest'yanskiy GULAG: mir stalinskikh spetsposeleniy, Moscow, ROSSPEN, 2010, 333 p.

6. Vyshinskiy A. Ya. Sotsialisticheskoye stroitel'stvo, sotsialisticheskaya zakonnost' i zadachi sovetskoy yustitsii, Moscow, Sovetskoye zakonodatel'stvo, 1934, 37 p.

7. Zemskov V. N., Spetsposelentsy v SSSR, 1930–1960, Moscow, Nauka, 2003, 304 p.

8. Zima V. F., Genrikh Yagoda i neob"yavlennaya voyna s sovetskoy derevney, Otechestvennaya istoriya [Domestic history], 2003, no. 4, pp. 177–183.

9. Ivnitskiy N. A. Kollektivizatsiya i raskulachivaniye (nachalo 30-kh godov), Moscow, Interpraks, 1994, 267 p.

10. Ivnitskiy N. A. Sud'ba raskulachennykh v SSSR, Moscow, Sobraniye, 2004, 294 p.

11. Istoriya sovetskogo krest'yanstva. Sovetskoye krest'yanstvo v period sotsialisticheskoy rekonstruktsii narodnogo khozyaystva, konets 1927–1937 gg. T. 2, Moscow, Nauka, 1986, 448 p.

12. Kukushkin YU. S. Rol' sel'skikh sovetov v sotsialisticheskom pereustroystve derevni 1929–1932 gg. (po materialam RSFSR), Moscow, Izd-vo Mosk. un-ta, 1962, 156 p.

13. Leont'yev D. A., Kachestvo zhizni i blagopoluchiye: ob"yektivnyye, sub"yektivnyye i sub"yektnyye aspekty, Psikhologicheskiy zhurnal [Psycho-logical journal], 2020, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 86-95.

14. Lyudtke A., Istoriya povsednevnosti v Germanii: novyye podkhody k izucheniyu truda, voyny i vlasti, Moscow, ROSSPEN, 2010, 268 p.

15. Makarova N. N., Spetspereselentsy v Magnitogorske: osobennosti povsednevnoy zhizni v industrial'nom tsentre, Aktual'nyye problemy teoreticheskikh i prikladnykh issledovaniy: yazyk, kul'tura, mental'nost'. Materialy mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii, Magnitogorsk, Izdatel'stvo Magnitogorskiy gosudarstvennyy tekhnicheskiy universitet im. G. I. Nosova, 2014, pp. 138–143.

16. Orlov I. B., Sovetskaya povsednevnost': istoricheskiy i sotsiologicheskiy aspekty stanovleniya, Moscow, Izd. dom gos. un-ta Vyssh. shk. ekonomiki, 2010, 316 p.

17. Sel'ye G., Stress bez distressa, Moscow, Progress, 1982, 124 p.

18. Semenova I. A., Psikhologiya ekstremal'nykh situatsiy, Ul'yanovsk, UVAU GA(I), 2012, 138 p.

19. Skott D. Za Uralom: Amerikanskiy rabochiy v russkom gorode stali, Moscow, Izd-vo Mosk. un-ta; Sverdlovsk, Izd-vo Ural. un-ta, 1991. 304 p.

20. Slavko T. I., Kulatskaya ssylka na Urale. 1930–1936, Moscow, Mosgorarkhiv, 1995, 173 p.

21. Filatov V. V., Sem'ya v usloviyakh raskulachivaniya i krest'yanskoy ssylki na Urale, Demograficheskaya i semeynaya politika v kontekste tseley ustoychivogo razvitiya. Sb. statey IX Ural'skogo demograficheskogo foruma, Yekaterinburg, Izd-vo In-t ekonomiki UrO RAN, 2018, pp. 229-242.

22. Filatov V. V. Ural'skoye selo, 1927–1941 gg.: ssylka raskulachennykh, Magnitogorsk, GOU VPO «MGTU», 2010, 253 p.

23. Fitspatrik Sh., Povsednevnyy stalinizm. Sotsial'naya istoriya Sovetskoy Rossii v 30-ye gody: gorod. Moscow, ROSSPEN, 2001, 332 p.

24. Tsyganov V. V. Formirovaniye administrativno-komandnoy sistemy upravleniya kolkhozami Urala (1933 – iyun' 1941 g.), Sverdlovsk, Izd-vo Ural. un-ta, 1991, 150 p.

25. Shyuts A. O mnozhestvennosti real'nostey. Sotsiologicheskoye obozreniye [The Sociological Review], 2003, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 3–34.

For citation

Filatov V. V., Residential Conditions for Special Settlements in the Ural Exile in the Early 1930s, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2023, vol. 7, no.3, pp. 21–30.