Download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/2658-3186-2023-7-1-31-39

Abstract. The authors focus on the group of superword language units with the direction component, which emerged during the first stage of military operation on the Russian-Ukrainian front in 2022–2023. The aim of studying the neologisms is to establish the regularities of their formation and fate in the history of the Russian language. Using historical-etymological and linguocultural methods in the study of different-genre sources, the researchers established the time when the described neologisms appeared; identified the differential properties of the model they were constructed onto; connected the fate of each unit with the course of the military operation between the limited contingent of the Russian Troops and the Military Forces of Ukraine. The authors also determined the «behavior» of this group of neologisms in the block of superword units of military themes. It was found that these superword units are built on the same private model «adjective (formed from the toponym) + noun direction» and united by the common complex seme ‘front area’, so, they occupy a special place in the Russian military lexicon. These units are born in the military headquarters of the opposing sides to name those places on the line of contact that proved to be most important in achieving the intended objectives at a particular time. At a time of digitalization, these neologisms have been rapidly adopted by both sides of the conflict, regardless of whose commanders used them first, and have become markers of the most important stages of the military campaign. Such speech and superword units were also formed both during World War I and the Great Patriotic War. They use the names of everyday objects as grammatical centers, which, thanks to military discourse, acquire figurative meanings. The active life period of such superword units depends on the time length of the military confrontation; their further fate can be traced through memoirs, historical studies and works of art. But the model itself is not forgotten by native speakers: it remains in collective memory for the time being and «comes to life» as soon as military conflicts break out.

Keywords: military discourse, superword neologism, direction component, special military operation, digitalization, private model.

Authors

Denis A. Novikov – master's student of the Department of Russian Language, General Linguistics and Mass Communication, Institute for the Humanities, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU), Magnitogorsk, Russia; teacher of Russian language and literature of the Multidisciplinary Lyceum No. 1, Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Svetlana G. Shulezhkova, Doctor of Philology, Professor, Department of the Russian Language, General Linguistics and Mass Communication, Institute of Humanitarian Education, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU); This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

References

1. Zhukov A. V. O potentsial'nosti frazeologicheskikh edinits, Pushkinskie chteniya – 2018. Khudozhestvennye strategii klassicheskoi i novoi slovesnosti: zhanr, avtor, tekst: materialy XXIII mezhdunar. nauch. konf. / otv. red. T. V. Mal'tseva, Saint Petersburg, Izd-vo «Leningradskii gos. un-t im. A. S. Pushkina, pp. 371–380.

2. Kovshova M. L. Lingvokul'turologicheskii analiz idiom, zagadok, poslovits i pogovorok: Antropologicheskii kod kul'tury, Moscow, LENAND, 2019, 400 p.

3. Kostritsa Yu. P. Lisichansk: data obrazovaniya i otkrytie uglya: istoriko-kraevedcheskoe izdanie, Lisichansk, Vid-vo TOV «Lisichans'ka drukarnya», 2017, 90 p.

3. Mikhin A. N., Shulezhkova S. G. Nauka pobezhdat': lozungi i prizyvy Rossiiskoi Armii, Publitsisticheskii arsenal obshchestvennykh dvizhenii Rossii i Germanii: koll. monografiya / otv. red. S. G. Shulezhkova, Magnitogorsk, ZAO «Magnitogorskii Dom pechati»; Greifswald: Ernst-Moritz-Arnt-Universität, 2015, pp. 132–149.

4. Mokienko V. M. O frazeologicheskikh neologizmakh, Novaya russkaya frazeologiya, Opole, Uniwersytet Opolski – Instytut Filologii Polskiej, 2003, pp. VII–XXVI.

5. Novikov D. A. Neofrazeologizmy russkogo yazyka, rozhdennye Afganskoi voinoi i kontrterroristi-cheskoi operatsiei rubezha XX–XXI vekov, Problemy russko-bolgarskoi neografii: koll. monografiya / red. koll.: S. G. Shulezhkova (gl. red.), N. V. Pozdnyakova, O. E. Chernova, Magnitogorsk, gos. tekhn. un-t im. G. I. Nosova; Plovdiv, Plovdivskii un-t im. Paisiya Khilendarskogo, 2021, pp. 145–157.

6. Fesenko O. P., Petrenko S. S., Laukhina S. S. Voennaya professional'naya sfera v zerkale russkoi frazeologii: monografiya, Omsk, OABII, 2021, 146 p.

7. Churilina L. N. Global'nyi mir, global'nyi yazyk i «novaya» frazeologiya kak fenomen, Problemy russko-bolgarskoi neografii: koll. monografiya / red. koll.: S. G. Shulezhkova (gl. red.), N. V. Pozdnyakova, O. E. Chernova, Magnitogorsk, gos. tekhn. un-t im. G. I. Nosova; Plovdiv, Plovdivskii un-t im. Paisiya Khilendarskogo, 2021, pp.31–49.

8. Shulezhkova S. G. Voinskii dolg i voinskaya chest' v devizakh Petrovskoi epokhi, Nasledie Petrovskoi epokhi v sovremennoi russkoi paremiologii (v sopostavlenii s evropeiskoi): monografiya / nauch. red. S. I. Nikolaev, V. M. Mokienko; otv. red. A. E. Yakimenko, Kostroma, Kostromskoi gos. un-t, 2021, pp. 127–137.

9. Shulezhkova S. G., Mikhin A. N., Chernova O. E. Kontsepty «Revolyutsiya» i «Voina» v materialakh rossii-skikh SMI ob Ukraine 2014–2015 gg., Voprosy Kognitivnoy Lingvistiki in Russian [Issues of Cognitive Linguistics], 2016, no. 3 (48), pp. 50–61.

10. Shulezhkova S. G. Ob"ekt frazeologii v usloviyakh poliparadigmal'nosti nauki o yazyke, Yazyk, soznanie, kommunikatsiya: sb. statei, posvyashchennykh pamyati V. N. Teliya, Moscow, In-t yazykoznaniya RAN, 2016, pp. 374–382.

11. Shulezhkova S. G., Mikhin A. N. Problemy sopostavitel'noi russko-bolgarskoi neografii, Teoreticheskaya semantika i ideograficheskaya leksikografiya: Slovar'. Diskurs. Korpus: Materialy rasshirennogo zasedaniya (Vserossiiskogo s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem) nauchnogo seminara problemnoi gruppy «Russkii glagol», posvyashchennogo 45-letiyu kafedry fundamental'noi i prikladnoi lingvistiki i tekstovedeniya (29–30 oktyabrya 2019 g., g. Ekaterinburg, Rossiya), Ekaterinburg, Kabinetnyi uchenyi, 2019, pp. 209–218.

12. Shulezhkova S. G. Otrazhenie oranzhevoi revolyutsii i grazhdanskoi voiny na Ukraine v rossiiskikh SMI (kontsepty «Revolyutsiya» i «Voina», Publitsisticheskii arsenal obshchestvennykh dvizhenii Rossii i Germanii: koll. monografiya / otv. red. S. G. Shulezhkova, Magnitogorsk, ZAO «Magnitogorskii Dom pechati»; Greifswald, Ernst-Moritz-Arnt-Universität, 2015, pp. 174–199.

13. Shulezhkova S. G. Tendentsii obnovleniya frazeologicheskikh fondov slavyanskikh yazykov i problemy sovremennoi russko-bolgarskoi frazeografii, Problemy russko-bolgarskoi neografii: koll. monografiya / red. koll.: S. G. Shulezhkova (gl. red.), N. V. Pozdnyakova, O. E. Chernova, Magnitogorsk, gos. tekhn. un-t im. G. I. Nosova; Plovdiv, Plovdivskii un-t im. Paisiya Khilendarskogo, 2021, pp. 145–157.

14. Chlebda W. Słownikowy opis zwrotu cifrowego. Podejście pierwsze Podrȩczny idiomatykon polsko-rosyjski / pod red. W. Chlebdy. Zeszyt 9, Opole, Uniwersytet Opolski, 2017, pp. 9–30.

15. Podrȩczny idiomatykon polsko-rosyjski / podred. W. Chlebdy. Zeszyt 10, Opole, Uniwersytet Opolski, 2019, 315 p.

16. Walter H. (Leitung). Der rote Fadendurch Sport und Militär in Sprichwörtern und Redensarten. Historisch-etymologische Skizzen – mitslawischen Parallelen / S. Altman, K. Kubicka und andere, Greifswald, Univetsität Greifswald, 2018, 207 p.

17. Walter H. (Leitung). Jetzts chlägt dreizehn! Deutsche Sprichwörtern und Redewendungen mit Zahle mit ihren slswischen und englischen Äquivalenten. Historisch-etymologische und rulturelleStudien / J. Barnet, O.-A. Futoran und andere, Greifswald, Univetsität Greifswald, 2019, 192 p.

For citation

Novikov D. A., Shulezhkova S. G. Superlative Neologisms with the Direction Component That Arose During a Special Military Operation, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2023, vol. 7, no 1, pp. 31–39.