Download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/2658-3186-2022-6-4-57-64

Abstract. The chronicle of the Historical Faculty of the Magnitogorsk State Pedagogical Institute is an unusual example of the higher education development at the regional level in conditions of the socio-economic crisis in Russia in the 1990s. The peculiarity of the study is determined by the almost complete absence of any scientific papers devoted to the historical faculty of the Magnitogorsk State Pedagogical Institute. This article attempts to reconstruct the narration of the higher historical education formation in Magnitogorsk for the period of 1993-1996 basing on the analysis of the written records of the meetings at the department, as well as the reports on the scientific, educational and extra curriculum work. A detailed study of the sources allows to identify the factors that contributed to the successful development of the historical department within the Philological Faculty, and also makes it possible to outline consistently the background of creation of an independent historical faculty. To make the whole study on the problem, there was used an integrated approach, including the general scientific and special historical methods.

Keywords: Magnitogorsk, Magnitogorsk State Pedagogical Institute, Department of General History, historical education, teachers, students.

Authors:

Nina V. Chernova, Ph.D. in History, Associate Professor, Department of World history, Institute of Humanitarian Education, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU), Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Lada I. Svirichevskaya, student, Department of World history, Institute of Humanitarian Education, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU), Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

References

1. Abramzon M. G. Stanovlenie imperatorskogo kul'ta v drevnem Rime : Po dannym numizmatiki : avtoref. dis. ... kand. istor. nauk: 07.00.03, Moscow, 1992, 19 p.

2. Ibragimov A. S. Transformatsiya vysshego obrazovaniya Rossii v 1990-e gody, Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedenii. Severo-kavkazskii region. Obshchestvennye nauki, 2020, pp. 55–58.

3. Istoricheskii fakul'tet 1932–1953 gg.; 1996–2006 gg. / sost. M. G. Abramzon, I. N. Kravtsova, A. A. Osipova; pod red. A. A. Osipovoi, Magnitogorsk, MaGU, 2006, 6 p.

4. Istoricheskii fakul'tet 2006-2011. Magnitogorsk : MaGU, 2011, 22 p.

5. Lyudi, dela, traditsii : entsiklopediya MaGU (1932-2012) / sost. N. V. Merkulova, A. N. Mikhin, L. N. Mishina, A. A. Osipova, S. G. Shulezhkova; otv. Red. S. G. Shulezhkova. Izd. 3-e, pererab. i dop., Magnitogorsk, MaGU, 2012, 546 p.

6. Potemkina M. N. Problemy evakuatsii i evakuirovannogo naseleniya na Urale v gody Velikoi Otechestvennoi voiny 1941–1945 : (Istoriko-partiinyi aspekt) : avtoref. dis. ... kand. istor. nauk: 07.00.01, Chelyabinskii gos. un-t. Chelyabinsk, 1994, 15 p.

7. Potemkina M. N., Filatov V. V. Vysshee istoricheskoe obrazovanie v g. Magnitogorske (1932-2019 gody) // Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2019, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 34–43.

For citation

Chernova N. V., Svirichevskaya L. I. The Road to the Own Faculty: Department of General History of MSPI in 1993-1996, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2022, vol. 6, no 4, pp. 57–64.