Download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/2658-3186-2022-6-1-50-54

Abstract. The proposed article is focused on the problems of neology and phrase formation. Following the principle of anthropocentrism in linguistics makes it relevant to observe current processes, including the field of creating new layers of vocabulary. «Innovative phraseology» as a phenomenon is in the spotlight of researches today. Neophrases are a product of time, reflecting the historical, social and cultural realities of the modern world. New phraseological units are organically integrated into the existing picture of the world in any language, determined by historical and cultural processes. The phraseological picture of the world and the phraseological language system, while remaining conservative, are inevitably changing in a diachronic perspective. In this regard new units formation processes and processes of transformation of existing ones are of interest for the research. In the article the description object is new phraseological units with somatic components, without which the linguistic image of a person cannot be conceived. Being a part of a cultural code, somatisms convey the meanings of a particular national cultural community. Using the example of a group of neophrases with a «snot» component extracted from modern Russian-language discursive practice, the author demonstrates the possibilities of transformation of existing superword units and options for producing new ones. Based on the method of conceptual, contextual and component analysis, the author models the cognitive structure of the «senseless person» which is used by modern native speakers as a basis for generating a whole range of language expressions related both at formal and semantic levels. The description a of neophrases group functionally connected with the verbalization of a new concept is considered to be the basis for phraseologization conception as a process.

Keywords: phraseological world picture, transformation, phraseologization, neophrases, somatis.

Author:

Elena V. Bodrova, Postgraduate student of the Department of Russian Language, General Linguistics and Mass Communication, Institute for the Humanities, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU), Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

References

1. Bashkatova Yu. A. Kul'turnyi smysl somatizmov na materiale angliiskikh i russkogo yazykov, Vestnik KemGU [The Bulletin of Kemerovo State University], 2012, vol. 3, no. 4(52), pp. 58–61.

2. Gudkov D. B, Kovshova M. L. Telesnyi kod russkoi kul'tury: materialy k slovaryu, Moscow, Gnozis, 2007, 288 p.

3. Ivanova E. V. O napravleniyakh modelirovaniya frazeologicheskikh edinits, Vestnik SPbGU. Yazyk i literature [Vestnik of Saint Petersburg University. Language and Literature], 2020, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 426–445.

4. Kovshova M. L. Lingvokul'turologicheskii metod vo frazeologii: Kody kul'tury : monografiya / 3-e izd., Moscow, Lenand, 2016, 456 p.

5. Melerovich A. M., Mokienko V. M. Opyty frazeologicheskoi fiksatsii i sistematizatsii frazeologii v khudozhestvennykh i publitsisticheskikh diskursakh russkoi rechi, Sovremennaya frazeologiya: tendentsii i innovatsii : monografiya / N. F. Alefirenko [i dr.] ; otv. red. A. P. Vasilenko, Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Bryansk, Novyi proekt, 2016, 200 p.

6. Mokienko V. M. Frazeologicheskaya neologika 1990-kh gg.: novoe i staroe, Neologiya i neografiya: sovremennoe sostoyanie i perspektivy (k 50-letiyu nauchnogo napravleniya): sb. nauch. statei / otv. red. T. N. Burtseva. In-t lingvist. issledovanii RAN, Saint Petersburg, Nestor-Istoriya, 2016, pp. 134–139.

7. Roizenzon L. I., Abramets I. V. Sovmeshchennaya omonimiya v sfere frazeologii, Voprosy Jazykoznanija, 1969, no. 2, pp. 54–63.

8. Russko-bolgarskii slovar' frazeologicheskikh neologizmov kontsa KhKh – nachala KhKhI veka / S. G. Shulezh-kova, L. N. Churilina i dr. / pod red. S. G. Shulezhkovoi, Magnitogorsk, Magnitogorskii gos. tekhn. un-t im. G. I. Nosova, 2021, 457 p.

9. Sokolova M. G. O sushchestve frazeologicheskoi kartiny mira v otlichie ot drugikh kartin mira, Vektor nauki TGU, 2010, no. 4 (14), pp. 169–173.

10. Stepanova M. I. Frazeologicheskii slovar' russkogo yazyka / 2-e izd., ispr. i dop., Saint Petersburg, OOO «Viktoriya plyus», 216, 608 p.

11. Teliya V. N. Russkaya frazeologiya. Semanticheskii, pragmaticheskii i lingvokul'turologicheskii aspekty, Moscow, Shk. «Yazyki rus. kul'tury», 1996, 288 p.

12. Churilina L. N. Global'nyi mir, global'nyi yazyk i «novaya» frazeologiya kak fenomen, Problemy russko-bolgarskoi frazeologicheskoi neografii: kollektivnaya monografiya / gl. red. S. G. Shulezhkova, Magnitogorsk, Magnitogorskii gos. tekhn. un-t im. G. I. Nosova, 2021, pp. 31–49.

For citation

Bodrova E. V. Transformational Processes in the Field of Phraseological Somatism, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2022, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 50–54.