Download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/2658-3186-2022-6-1-43-49

Abstract. The relevance of our work is represented by the growing interest of modern researchers in the historical experience of the Soviet system of training labor and management industry personnel training. The development of new branches of industry in the Russian Federation makes it necessary to look for experimental examples of modernization of production by the formation of engineering potential. As part of the economic development strategy, the search for such ways is increasingly coming into researchers’ view. On the basis of the archival materials the analysis of engineering and technician personnel status in Chelyabinsk region industry at the beginning of the war is presented. Based on the data provided, it is possible to see a change in the size of ITR (Engineering and Technical Employees) in Chelyabinsk region. The sources are presented by archived data of Chelyabinsk Enterprises, minutes of meetings of the bureau of the Chelyabinsk regional committee and the city committee of the CPSU (b) and sources of personal origin (memoirs of G. I. Yankelevich). In the current economic situation, the academic community is interested in the historical experience of state administration as part of the mobilization economy of engineering training. The system of selection of active engineers and new managers training in the industrial sector of the Soviet Union was implemented using the principles of command and control approach. Historiographic analysis suggests that the issue is not sufficiently studied and requires further consideration. The aim of this study is to analyze the changes in engineering and technician staff in the first years of the war in industrial production in Chelyabinsk region. The methodological basis of the study was the principles of historicism, objectivity and reliability. It made it possible to consider the scientific and technical intellectuals formation process as a result of the objective and subjective factors influence in certain historical conditions of the Great Patriotic War.

Keywords: Great Patriotic War, mobilization economy, Chelyabinsk region (oblast), engineering and technician personnel, industrial enterprises.

Authors:

Marina N. Potemkina, Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor Head of World History Department of Institute of Humanitarian Education, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU), Magnitogorsk, Russia; Leading Researcher of the Center for the Study of Military Economics of the Institute of Social Sciences,  The Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RPANEPA), Moscow, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Vyacheslav R. Shaydulin, graduate student of World History Department of Institute of Humanitarian Education, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU), Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

References

1. Agaryshev P. G., Evlanova M. N., Naumova A. G. i dr. Ural – frontu / pod. red. A. V. Mitrofanovoi, Moscow, Ekonomika, 1985, 3434 p.

2. Antuf'ev A. A. Ural'skaya promyshlennost' nakanune i v gody Velikoi Otechestvennoi voiny, Ekaterinburg, In-t istorii i arkheologii, 1992, 336 p.

3. Aref'ev A. L., Aref'ev M. A. Ob inzhenerno-tekhnicheskom obrazovanii v Rossii, Sotsiologiya obrazovaniya, 2012, no. 3, pp. 122–131.

4. Bigeev V. A., Filatov V. V., Kharchenko A. S Nauchno-pedagogicheskoe napravlenie podgotovki «Metallurgiya chernykh metallov» v MGTU im. G. I. Nosova: proshloe i nastoyashchee, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2019, vol. 3, no 1, pp. 24-33.

5. Velikaya Otechestvennaya voina 1941–1945 godov: v 12 tt. / M-vo oborony Rossiiskoi Federatsii ; glavnaya red. komis.: A. E. Serdyukov (pred.) [i dr.], Moscow, Kuchkovo pole, 2011–2014. T. 7: Ekonomika i oruzhie voiny / [G. A. Kumanev i dr.; red. komis.: V. V. Panov (pred.) i dr.], 2013, 862 p.

6. Gregori P. Politicheskaya ekonomiya stalinizma / per. s angl. I. Kuznetsova, A. Markevicha. [2-e izd.], Moscow, ROSSPEN, 2008, 400 p.

7. Kryshtanovskaya O. V. Inzhenery: stanovlenie i razvitie professional'noi gruppy / otv. red. F. R. Filippov; AN SSSR, In-t sotsiologii, Moscow, Nauka, 1989, 142 p.

8. Linden M. van der. Motivatsiya truda v rossiiskoi promyshlennosti: nekotorye predvaritel'nye suzhdeniya // Sotsial'naya istoriya /otv. red. K. M. Anderson, B. L. Iosifovich, Moscow, ROSSPEN, 2000, pp. 206–216.

9. Potemkina M. N. Evakonaselenie v Ural'skom tylu (1941–1948 gg.), Magnitogorsk, Magnitogorskii gos. un-t, 2006, 264 p.

10. Potemkina M. N., Klimanov A. Yu. Sovremennaya otechestvennaya istoriografiya i perspektivy izucheniya promyshlennoi evakuatsii perioda Velikoi Otechestvennoi voiny, Noveishaya istoriya Rossii [Modern History of Russia], 2020, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 757–772.

11. Saprykin D. L. Inzhenernoe obrazovanie v Rossii: istoriya, kontseptsiya, perspektivy, Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii [Higher Education in Russia], 2012, no. 1, pp. 125–137.

12. Tilli Ch. Demokratiya / per. s angl. T. B. Menskaya, Moscow, In-t obshchestv. proektirovaniya, 2007, 263 p.

For citation

Potemkina М. N., Shaydulin V. R. On the Status of Engineering and Technical Personnel of the Defence Enterprises in Chelyabinsk Region During the Initial Period of the Great Patriotic War, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2022, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 43–49.