Download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/2658-3186-2021-5-4-50-56

Abstract. The problem to be solved in the study is what comic forms the compensatory-protective mechanisms of wit techniques for a person during the pandemic period are presented on the Internet. Research method is content analysis of the comic in cultural and communication form on the Internet during the covid-19 pandemic and self-isolation. The analysis of humor on the Internet is considered on the example of forms: motivational pictures; memes; fakes; anti-stress paintings based on the classics. The scientific novelty of the research lies in determining the direction of analysis of social diffusion of compensatory defense mechanisms of a person playing during a pandemic and self-isolation on the basis of the cognitive mechanisms of the comic in a cultural and communication form. The comic presented in the wit techniques on the Internet reveals the reaction to new social phenomena during a period of pandemic and self-isolation. Humor as an effective strategy for increasing resilience and coping with self-isolation during a pandemic, is due to a decrease in psycho-emotional stress, optimization of the process of self-organization of behavior and regulation of the emotional sphere in a situation of risk and uncertainty. Humor is presented in various forms of original creativity, such as: motivational pictures; poetic form (description of the problems that have arisen and ways to solve them with humor); memes (based on literary classics, films, cartoons); anti-stress pictures (photographs of staging pictures based on works of painting on the example of works from the world art culture. Humor on the Internet is an effective means of reducing emotional stress and mental hygiene of the individual.

Keywords: internet humor during the covid-19 pandemic; wit techniques; coping; the fear of death; tolerance for uncertainty.

Author:

Mariya V. Musiychuk, Doctor of Philosophy, Professor of the Department of Psychology of Institute of Humanitarian Education of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Reference

1. Boiko O. M., Medvedeva T. I., Enikolopov S. N. [i dr.] Vospriyatie budushchego vo vremya pandemii COVID-19 – gendernyi aspekt [Elektronnyi resurs], Meditsinskaya psikhologiya v Rossii: elektron. nauch. zhurn. 2021. vol. 13, no. 4(69). URL: http://mprj.ru (accessed 19 November 2021).

2. Karpova E. B., Udalova V. A. Sub"ektivno vazhnye izmeneniya v zhizni vsledstvie pandemii COVID-19: vozrastnoi aspect, Meditsinskaya psikhologiya v Rossii [Medicinskaâ psihologiâ v Rossii], 2021, vol. 13, no. 1, р. 3.

3. Kuftyak E. V., Bekhter A. A. Stress i proaktivnoe sovladayushchee povedenie v period pandemii COVID-19: dannye onlain-oprosa [Elektronnyi resurs], Meditsinskaya psikhologiya v Rossii [Medicinskaâ psihologiâ v Rossii], 2020, vol. 12, no. 6 (65), URL: http://mprj.ru (accessed 21 November 2021).

4. Musiichuk M. V., Musiichuk S. V. Metamorfozy emotsii v period pandemii: kontent-analiz mekhaniz-mov yumora v Internet, Mir nauki. Pedagogika i psikhologiya, 2021, vol. 9, no. 5, URL: https://mir-nauki.com/PDF/36PSMN521.pdf (accessed 21 November 2021).

5. Musiichuk M. V. Yumor v Internet kak koping-strategiya v usloviyakh samoizolyatsii i pandemii, Zei-garnikovskie chteniya. Diagnostika i psikhologicheskaya pomoshch' v sovremennoi klinicheskoi psikhologii: pro-blema nauchnykh i eticheskikh osnovanii. Materialy mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii, 2020, pp. 112–114.

6. Musiichuk M. V., Musiichuk S. V. Kognitivnye mekhanizmy yumora kak koping-strategii v internet v pe-riod pandemii covid-19 i samoizolyatsii, Meditsinskaya psikhologiya v Rossii [Medicinskaâ psihologiâ v Rossii], 2021, vol. 13, no. 3 (68), p. 1.

7. Musiichuk M. V., Musiichuk S. V. Yumor kak effektivnaya strategiya sovladaniya na samoizolyatsii v pe-riod pandemii koronavirusa, Mir nauki. Pedagogika i psikhologiya, 2020, vol. 8, no.5, p. 35.

8. Padun M. A. Narushenie regulyatsii emotsii posle psikhicheskoi travmy, Psikhologicheskii zhurnal, 2016. vol. 37, no. 4, p. 81.

9. Pervushina O. N., Fedorov A. A., Dorosheva E. A. Vospriyatie COVID-19 v kontekste tolerantnosti k neopredelennosti [Elektronnyi resurs], URL: https://fp.nsu.ru/ nauchnaya-deyatelnost/covid19/covid.php (accessed 10 November 2021).

10. Fedosenko E. V. Zhizn' posle karantina: psikhologiya smyslov i koronavirus COVID-19, Psikholo-gicheskie problemy smysla zhizni i akme: elektronnyi sbornik materialov XXIII Mezhdunarodnogo simpoziuma, 2018, pp. 34-46.

11. Brooks S. K., Webster R. K., Smith L. E. [et al.] The psychological impact of quarantine and how to reduce it: a quick review of the evidence, Lancet, 2020, no. 395 (10227), pp. 912–920.

12. Curtin E., Knapp M. Social isolation, loneliness and health in old age: an overview, Health care and social assistance in the community, 2017, no. 25 (3), pp. 799–812.

13. Li J. B., Yang A., Dou K., Cheung R. Y. M. Self-control moderates the association between perceived severity of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and mental health problems among the Chinese public, International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 2020, no. 17 (13), p. 4820.

14. Qiu J., Shen B., Zhao M. [et al.] A nationwide survey of psychological distress among Chinese people in the COVID-19 epidemic: implications and policy recommendations, General Psychiatry, 2020, vol. 33, no. 2, p. 100213.

15. Satici B., Saricali M., Satici S.A. [et al.] Intolerance of Uncertainty and Mental Wellbeing: Serial Mediation by Rumination and Fear of COVID-19, International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction, 2020, no. 15, pp. 1–12.

16. Sood S. Psychological effects of the Coronavirus disease-2019 pandemic [Elektronnyi resurs], Research and Humanities in Medical Education, 2020, no. 7, URL: https://www.rhime.in/ojs/index.php/rhime/article/view/264 (data obrashcheniya: 15.06.2020).

17. Verdery A. M., Smith-Greenway E. COVID-19 and bereavement in the United States, Applied Demography Bulletin, 2000, no. 32, pp. 1–2.

For citation

Musiychuk M. V. Internet Humor During the Covid-19 Pandemic and Self-isolation – “Feast in Time of Plague”?, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2021, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 50–56.