Download PDF

Abstract. The concept of "war" in A. Bitov’s prose is attributed as a peripheral one by a number of researchers, besides it did not receive an adequate coverage in the works of contemporary literary critics. The authors try to fill this gap analyzing the features of the concept representation in Bitov’s essays, stories and stories of the 1960-2000s. There also considered Bitov's approaches to understanding the war, the analysis of the nuclear and peripheral zones of the concept is carried out, as well as its semantics, which makes it possible to disclose the idea of war as a disaster, tragedy, genocide, evil, violence. The authors of the article examine two aspects of representing the image of war in A. Bitov's works: as a writer's personal pain, and as well as irreversible consequences leading to the tragedy of the whole people. The analysis reveals the correlation of the concepts "war", "childhood", "memory", "family", which helps to create the image of the era through a collective portrait of the military and post-war generation. Particular attention is paid to the theme of the Great Patriotic War and the genocide of the people, the writer activates a set of eschatological and apocalyptic motives and images that expand the possibilities of philosophical interpretation of the concept. The analysis shows that the world of the war, accented in the spectrum of axiological, cultural, historical, moral, philosophical, mythological and symbolic interpretations, is one of the most aesthetically and ideologically significant to A.  Bitov. A method of the concept analysis helps to demonstrate the writer's worldview and correlate the artistic world of his works and the Russian national world.

Keywords: A. Bitov, concept analysis, memory, war, blockade, evacuation, genocide, fate.

Authors:

Svetlana V. Rudakova - Doctor of Science in Philology, Professor of  Department of Linguistics and Literary Studies, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Veronika V. Tsurkan ‑ Ph.D. in Philology, associate professor at the Department of Linguistics and Literary Studies, Institute for the Humanities, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University; veravts2013@ yandex.ru.

References

1. Anninskii L. A. Strannyi strannik, A. G. Bitov. Kniga puteshestvii po imperii, Moscow, AST, Olimp, 2000, pp. 699–712.

2. Antologiya khudozhestvennykh kontseptov russkoi literatury KhKh veka / red. i avt.-sost. T. I. Vasil'eva, N. L. Karpicheva, V. V. Tsurkan, Moscow, FLINTA: Nauka, 2013, 356 p.

3. Ivanova N. B. Tochka zreniya: O proze poslednikh let, Moscow , Sovetskii pisatel', 1988, 424 p.

4. Kagan M. S. Sistemnyi podkhod i gumanitarnoe znanie. Izbrannye stat'I, Leningrad.: Izdatel'stvo Leningradskogo universiteta, 1991, 384 p.

5. Karasik V. I. Kontsept kak edinitsa lingvokul'turnogo koda, Izvestiya Volgogradskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta [Ivzestia of the Volgograd State Pedagogical University]., 2009, no. 10, pp. 4–11.

6. Klekh I. Yu. Neprochitannyi Bitov, Novyi mir [New World], 2006, n. 5, pp. 160–167.

7. Leiderman N. L. Sud'by sistemnykh idei v russkom literaturovedenii KhKh veka, Russkaya literatura XX–XIX vekov: napravleniya i techeniya, Ekaterinburg, Ural'skii gosudarstvennyi pedagogicheskii universitet, 2004, vol. 7, pp. 3–28.

8. Sergeeva E. V. Kontsept-universaliya i khudozhestvennyi kontsept: problema klassifikatsii, Sibirskii filologicheskii zhurnal [Siberian Journal of Philology], 2006, no. 1–2, pp. 63–69.

9. Stepanov Yu. S. Konstanty. Slovar' russkoi kul'tury, Moscow, Yazyki russkoi kul'tury, 1997, 824 p.

10. Tsurkan V. V. Kontsept «igra» v tvorchestve A. Bitova 1960–70-kh gg., Libri Magistri, 2015, vol. I, pp. 168–173.

11. Tsurkan V. V. Kontsept «detstvo» v rannem tvorchestve Andreya Bitova (k antologii khudozhestvennykh kontseptov), Problemy istorii, filologii, kul'tury [Journal of Historical, Philological and Cultural Studies.], 2011, no. 3, pp. 731–734.

12. Chanses E. Andrei Bitov: Ekologiya vdokhnoveniya. SPb. : Akademicheskii proekt, 2006. 320 s.

13. Abramzon T. E., Rudakova S. V., Zaitseva T. B., Koz'ko N. A., Tulina E. V. The consistency of lyric artistic thinking, International Journal of Environmental and Science Education, 2016, vol. 11, no. 17, pp. 10185–10196.

14. Bedrikova M. L, Savelyev K. N, Soldatchenko A. L., Tsaran A. A., Tsurkan V. V. Depiction of war in the prose written by V. Astafyev: affirmation of the phenomenon of life as the case for humanism, Ponte, 2017, vol. 73, Is. 9. pp. 24–32.

Для цитирования

Rudakova S. V., Tsurkan V. V. Concept of "War" in A.Bitov prose, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2018, vol. 2, no 3, pp. 53‑58.