Dowload PDF

Abstract. Within the concept of the Annales School, and other social-psychological theories the concept of macro-historical stability of the national set of mind approve and its enormous influence on the course of social development has established in science. However, the stability and persistence of the national mentality does not mean that it is a timeless stillness and immutability. Under the influence of the new historical reality, there is a certain adjustment of the individual components of the mental space and a change of the relationship. It often and most clearly presents in the transitional stages of development. It updates the task of identifying the core of the national set of mind at every stage of the historical process and its constant monitoring. It’s impossible to solve the problem without carrying out the tests of basic elements of the national set of mind at different stages of development of the country. It allows to sum up the fundamentals affecting the evolution of society. Carrying out this research of historical sources of the XIX century the authors could emphasize the features of the national set of mind which has been influencing the policy of the Russian authorities for several centuries. They include patience, which is the psychological basis of the centuries-old authoritarian tradition in Russia and uncivilized forms of social protest; a special relationship to the state, which is also a major source of hope for a brighter future, and the main culprit of Russian problems. Consumer attitude towards the state and the lack of democratic traditions have led to the formation of society and the leadership of the cult leader's psychology. Massive expectations of positive changes are directly linked with the figure of the head of state; judicial complex, which is in constant search for enemies that are necessary for explaining social failure and the method of consolidation of the society. The authors emphasize the particular work ethic which consists of the lack of the interest-bearing motivation, labor ragged rhythm and the selectivity of the labor force to work for themselves and others.

Keywords: Political process, the national set of mind, the state, society, political leaders, judicial complex.

Аuthors:

Yuriy D. Korobkov - Doctor of Sciences in History, Professor at the Department of World History, Institute for the Humanities, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 

Nikita S. Korolev - Ph.D. in History, Associate Professor of the Department of History of the Chelyabinsk State Institute of Culture, Chelyabinsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

References

1. Barulin V. S. Rossiiskii chelovek v XX v. Poteri i obretenie sebya, Saint Petersburg, Aleteiya, 2000, 431 p.

2. Berdyaev P. A. Istoki i smysl russkogo kommunizma, Moscow, Nauka, 1990, 223 p.

3. Boikov V. E. Tsennosti i orientiry obshchestvennogo soznaniya rossiyan, Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological Studies], 2004, no. 7, pp. 47–49.

4. Viper R. Ivan Groznyi, Moscow, izd-vo «Del'fin», 1922, 164 p.

5. Volobuev O., Tishkov V., Igritskii Yu. Natsional'nye interesy Rossii i real'nye prioritety gosudarstvennoi politiki za poltora veka. Kruglyi stol, Otechestvennaya istoriya, 1996, no. 5, pp. 121–134.

6. Gudkov L. D., Dubin B. V., Zorkaya N. A. Postsovetskii chelovek i grazhdanskoe obshchestvo. Moscow, AITO–XX, 2008, 381 p.

7. Klyuchevskii V. O. Lektsiya XVII. Soch. V 8 tomakh. Moscow, Nauka, 1956, vol. 1, pp. 292–315.

8. Korobkov Yu. D. Politicheskii vybor i politicheskoe povedenie ural'skikh rabochikh v 1917 g., Problemy rossiiskoi istorii, 2004, no. 3, pp. 196–216.

9. Korobkov Yu. D., Gnevek O.V. Bogatstvo i material'noe blagopoluchie v sisteme tsennostei ural'skikh rabochikh v kontse XIX–nachale XX v., Problemy istorii, filologii, kul'tury [Problems of  History, Philology and Culture], vol. XI, Moscow, Magnitogorsk. 2001, pp. 403–413.

10. Lazarev A. I. Rabochii fol'klor Urala: Ob osnovnykh tipakh stanovleniya i razvitiya novogo tipa khudozhestvennogo myshleniya naroda, Irkutsk, Izd-vo Irkutskogo un-ta, 1988, 290 p.

11. Levada Yu. Fenomen vlasti v obshchestvennom mnenii: Paradoksy i stereotipy vospriyatiya, Ekonomicheskie i sotsial'nye peremeny: Monitoring obshchestvennogo mneniya [The Monitoring of Public Opinion: Economic and Social Changes Journal], 1998, no. 5, pp. 12–19.

12. Lur'e S. Metamorfozy traditsionnogo soznaniya. Opyt razrabotki teoreticheskikh osnov etnopsikhologii i ikh primeneniya k analizu istoricheskogo i etnograficheskogo materiala. Saint Petersburg, Tip. im. Kotlyakova, 1994, 288 p.

13. Mareeva S. V. Dinamika norm i tsennostei rossiyan, Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological Studies], 2013, no. 7, pp. 120–131.

14. Martsinkovskaya T. D. Russkaya mental'nost' i ee otrazhenie v naukakh o cheloveke. Moscow, Blits, 1994, 155 p.

15. Medvedev S. M. Rossiiskii elektorat kontsa 90-kh godov: nekotorye stereotipy soznaniya, Rossiya i sovremennyi mir, 2002, no. 2, pp. 91–99.

16. Prigozhin A. I. Patologiya politicheskogo liderstva v Rossii, Politicheskie issledovaniya, 1996, no. 3, pp. 23–29.

17. Sikevich Z. V., Krokinskaya D. K., Possel' Yu. A. Peterburzhtsy – 2004: kul'turnyi konflikt sovremennosti (sotsiologicheskie ocherki), Saint Petersburg, Piter, 2004, 327 p.

18. Sikorskii I. A. Cherty iz psikhologii slavyan: Rech', proiznesennaya prof. I. A. Sikorskim, v torzhestvennom zasedanii Slavyanskogo blagotvoritel'nogo obshchestva 14 maya 1895 goda. Kiev, tip. I. I. Chokolova, 1895, 15 p

19. Urnov M. Yu., Kasamara V. A., Sobolev A. S., Soboleva I. V., Sorokina A. A. Tsennostnaya neodnorodnost' obshchestva kak faktor sotsial'noi dinamiki – postroenie empiricheskoi modeli: preprint WP/2011/01: Vysshaya shkola ekonomiki, Moscow, Izd. dom Vysshei shkoly ekonomiki, 2011, 64 p.

20. Urnov M. Yu. Rol' kul'tury v demokraticheskom tranzite, Obshchestvennye nauki i sovremennost' [Social Sciences and Contemporary World], 2011, no. 6, pp. 5–16.

21. Shestopal E. B. Politicheskoe liderstvo v novykh usloviyakh: smena paradigmy vospriyatiya, Politicheskie issledovaniya. 2013, no. 3, pp. 47–57.

22. Shestopal E. B. Tsennostnye kharakteristiki rossiiskogo politicheskogo protsessa i strategiya razvitiya strany, Politicheskie issledovaniya, 2014, no. 2, pp. 61–71.

23. Engel'gard A. N. Pis'ma iz derevni. 12 pisem. 1872–1887. Moscow, Gos. sots-ekon. izd-vo, 1937, 491 p.

For citation

Korobkov Yu. D., Korolev N. S. Mental Bases of social and political Development of the modern Russian Society, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2018, vol. 2, no 3, pp. 43‑52.