Download PDF

Abstract

The interest in the local history and the history of everyday life, the history of the great Patriotic war, as well as the desire to recreate a complete picture of the daily life of Soviet youth in one of the most difficult periods of national history determine the relevance of the present research. The article describes the main trends in the daily life of the students from the city of Magnitogorsk in 1941–1945. The study of young people’s everyday life both in the USSR and its regions is represented in the works by A. I. Avrus, B .P. Belozerova, V. A. Gigova, V. A. Ezhova, V. Elyutin, M. D. Karpachova, M. R. Kruglyansky, S. Malysheva, S. L. Merzlyakova, A. S. Ulyanov, etc. However, there are no studies in which the daily life of Magnitogorsk students is presented in line with the methodology of the history of everyday life. The comprehensive approach involving the use of general and special scientific methods, as well as methods of interdisciplinary areas of historical research, was used in the present paper for an objective study. A set of approaches to local history as well as comparative, systematic and retrospective methods applied in the research provided a significant assistance in the disclosure of the topic. A variety of unpublished records, periodical press materials, memories of Magnitogorsk’s residents made the author conclude that Magnitogorsk’s students were exposed to severe trials under extreme conditions of the great Patriotic war. The daily life of students was completely subordinated and determined by the interests of the country’s defense. Together with all soviet people, the students overcame the hardships of the war years in the rear city, studied and worked in various industries, and contributed to the Victory. The students’ life in Magnitogorsk was intense and varied as in addition to studying the students were engaged in socio-political, scientific and sports activities. They were highly motivated by the strong desire to help the front to defeat the enemy as soon as possible.

Keywords: history, history of everyday life, the Soviet Union, the Urals, Magnitogorsk, students, way of living.

Аuthor:

Nadezhda N. Makarova, Candidate of History, Associate Professor at the Department of World History, Institute for the Humanities, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU), Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

References

1. Avrus A. I. Istoriya rossiiskikh universitetov. Ocherki. Moscow, Moskovskii obshchestvennyi nauchnyi fond, 2001, 85 p.

2. Belozerov B. P. Partiinoe rukovodstvo vysshei tekhnicheskoi shkoloi v gody Velikoi Otechestvennoi voiny. Leningrad, Izd-vo Leningrad. un-ta, 1978, 176 p.

3. Gizhov V. A. Uchebnyi protsess v saratovskikh vuzakh v 1943-1945 gg., Istoricheskie, filosofskie, po-liticheskie i yuridicheskie nauki, kul'turologiya i iskusstvovedenie, Voprosy teorii i praktiki. 2014, no.  9-1 (47), Ch. 1, pp. 46–48.

4. Girts K.G Interpretatsiya kul'tur. M.: «Rossiiskaya politicheskaya entsiklopediya» (ROSSPEN), 2004, 560 p.

5. Ezhov V.A., Mavrodin V.V. Leningradskii universitet v gody Velikoi Otechestvennoi voiny. Leningrad, Izd-vo LGU, 1975, 95 p.

6. Elyutin V. Vysshaya shkola v gody Velikoi Otechestvennoi voiny, Voenno-istoricheskii zhurnal, 1975, no. 5, pp. 65–72.

7. Karpachev M.D. Voronezhskii universitet. Vekhi istorii. 1918–2003. Voronezh, Izd-vo Voronezh. gos. un-ta, 2003, 472 p.

8. Kraevedenie. Chelyabinskaya oblast'. Magnitogorsk : uchebnik dlya 9-11 kl. / pod red. M. G. Abramzona, M. N. Potemkinoi, Chelyabinsk, ABRIS, 2013, 200 p.

9. Kruglyanskii M. R. Vysshaya shkola SSSR v gody Velikoi Otechestvennoi voiny. Moscow, Vysshaya shkola, 1976, 214 p.

10. Magnitka i Pobeda : monografiya / pod red. M. N. Potemkinoi. Magnitogorsk, Magnitogorskii Dom pechati, 2010, 200 p.

11. Malysheva S. Yu., Sal'nikova A. A. «Shukrut», mollyuski i «yaitsa Ruzvel'ta»: povsednevnaya zhizn' universitetskogo cheloveka v Kazani v gody Velikoi Otechestvennoi voiny, Gasyrlar AVAZY. EKhO vekov, 2005, no. 1, pp. 31–36.

12. Merzlyakov S. L. Saratovskii gosudarstvennyi universitet v gody voiny i mira: 1941–1964 gg. : avtoref. dis. … kand. ist. nauk. Saratov, 2008. 27 p.

13. O voine iz voiny: narodnaya pis'mennost' 1941–1945 gg. / sost. S. A. Moiseeva, T. I. Rozhkova, I. V. Loseeva, E. B. Deryabina. Magnitogorsk : NMSTU, 2015, 336 p.

14. Prishla voina v Berezki. Pis'ma materi /pod red. O.F. Krauze. Cherepovets : B. i., 2011, 163 p.

15. Starodubova O.Yu. Studencheskaya zhizn' g. Magnitogorska v gody Velikoi Otechestvennoi voiny, Problemy rossiiskoi istorii, 2015, pp. 345–351.

16. Ul'yanov A. S. Tomskii gosudarstvennyi universitet v gody Velikoi Otechestvennoi voiny 1941–1945 gg. : avtoref. dis. … kand. ist. nauk. Tomsk, 2007, 27 p.

17. Filatov V. V. Istoriya Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova: 1940-e gody. Magnitogorsk : Magnitogorskii gosudarstvennyi tekhnicheskii universitet im. G.I. Nosova, 2015. 394 p.

18. Filatov V. V. Istoriya Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova: 1930-e gody. Magnitogorsk: Magnitogorskii gosudarstvennyi tekhnicheskii universitet im. G.I. Nosova, 2015. 261 p.

19. Filatov V. V. Istoriya funktsionirovaniya nauchnykh shkol v sfere prokatnogo proizvodstva v MGTU im. G.I. Nosova v 1940-kh – nachale 2000-kh godov, Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2012, no 4 (40), pp. 103–107.

20. Filatov V. V. Razvitie nauchnykh shkol v oblasti domennogo i staleplavil'nogo proizvodstva v MGTU im. G.I. Nosova i tekhnicheskoe perevooruzhenie Magnitogorskogo metallurgicheskogo kombinata (1940–2000 gg.), Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University], 2012, no. 2 (38). pp. 87–89.

21. Geertz C. The interpretation of culture. S. Geertz. N.Y. : Bane book., 1973. 327 p.

Foк citation

Makarova N. N. The students of Magnitogorsk During the great Patriotic War, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2019, vol. 3, no 1, pp. 44–49.