Download PDF

Abstract

The Department of General History of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University is constantly conducting the research work devoted to the history of the Great Patriotic War. The relevance of the new study in this way is explained by the need to conduct the patriotic education for students on the basis of personal materials related to the participation of students’ family members on the fronts of the Great Patriotic War or the work in the rear. It is important to attract students to do the research work. Since by the 75th anniversary of the Victory over fascist Germany, there are fewer and fewer participants in the events of that time, the preparation of these documentary materials encourages students to study this important stage in Russian history. This is especially important at present in connection with the constant falsification of the history of the USSR. The limited number of training hours allocated to the study of the discipline "History" allows to turn to non-traditional forms of the educational process. Hours of independent work can be used for students' search activities. The main method of this project is the oral history. Answers to interview questions conducted by students among their relatives, documents on awards evoke patriotic feelings among young people. The results of the study showed the interest of boys and girls in the survey of their grandparents to disclose the contribution of each family member to the Victory of the Patriotic War. The representativeness of the work is determined by conducting more than 100 interviews with biographical data of relatives from different regions of the country and neighboring countries. The scientific novelty of the article is manifested in the fact that for the first time on the materials of interviews done by students of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University there have been carried out a project to study the impact of World War II on the fate of the family. The significance of the work done is hard to evaluate. The history of the country's development, especially during hard trials, on the example of one's own family, brings in a significant educational moment. Young people, evaluate past events, not by textbooks, but by the experience of their own particular families. Students took in the feat and heroism of their family members with an emotional uplift.

Keywords: oral history, the Great Patriotic war, family, interviews, students.

Аuthor:

Vladimir V. Filatov, Doctor of History, Associate Professor, Professor at the Department of World History, Institute for the Humanities, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU),  Magnitogorsk, Russia; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

References

1. Blinova D. S., Potemkina M. N. Ustnye vospominaniya detei-uznikov getto kak istoricheskii istochnik, Student i nauka (gumanitarnyi tsikl) – 2019. Materialy mezhdunarodnoi studencheskoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii, Magnitogorsk, Izd-vo Magnitogorsk. gos. tekhn. un-ta, 2019, pp. 128–132.

2. Drabkin A. V. Ya pomnyu, OOO «Izdatel'stvo Yauza» SMI «Ya pomnyu» 2000–2020, URL: https://iremember.ru/ (accessed 15 January 2020).

3. Istoriya MGTU im. G.I. Nosova v vospominaniyakh / pod. red. V. V. Filatova, Magnitogorsk, Izd-vo Magnitogorsk, gos. tekhn. un-ta, 2014, 249 p.

4. Koldomasov I. O. Sovetskaya intelligentsiya i soyuzniki po antigitlerovskoi koalitsii: vzglyady i problemy vospriyatiya // Problemy istorii, filologii, kul'tury. 2016. №3 (53). S. 200–210.

5. Lyubetskii A. E. Poiskovyi otryad MGTU im. G.I. Nosova «Feniks»: istoriya i sovremennoe sostoyanie, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya, 2019, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 50–54.

6. Makarova N. N. Povsednevnaya zhizn' Magnitogorska v gody Velikoi Otechestvennoi voiny, Prostranstvo kul'tury provintsial'nogo goroda. Tyl – frontu: Kul'turnaya pamyat' v kontekste sovremen-nosti, Magnitogorsk, Magnitogorsk. gos. tekhn. un-t, 2015, pp. 101–106.

7. Potemkina M. N. Evakuirovannye kak osobaya kategoriya naseleniya v usloviyakh Velikoi Otechestvennoi voiny, Ural v modernizatsionnoi dinamike Rossii XX veka. Professorskii sbornik nauchnykh statei. K 60-letiyu so dnya rozhdeniya doktora istoricheskikh nauk, professora Andreya Vladimirovicha Speranskogo, Ekaterinburg, Izdatel'stvo, Sokrat, 2015, pp. 342–360.

8. Filatov V. V. Uchenye Magnitogorskogo gorno-metallurgicheskogo instituta im. G. I. Nosova – frontu, 70-letie Velikoi Pobedy: istoricheskii opyt i problemy sovremennosti. Devyatye ural'skie voenno-istoricheskie chteniya. Sb. nauch. statei / gl. red. A.V. Speranskii, Ekaterinburg, Izd-vo Bank kul'turnoi in-formatsii, 2015, vol. 2, pp. 133–137.

9. Shcheglova T. K. Ustnaya istoriya: uchebnoe posobie, Barnaul, Altaiskaya gosudarstvennaya pedagogiche-skaya akademiya, 2011, 364 p.

For citation

Filatov V. V. The Great Patriotic War in Family Fate, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2020, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 36-41.