Download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/2658-3186-2021-5-1-24-29

Abstract

In this article the attempt of analyzing the early days and development of higher History education and student community in Kyrgyzstan during the Great Patriotic War was made. The faculties of History functioned at the first university in Kyrgyzstan – Kyrgyz State Pedagogical Institute (KSPI; now – Zhusup Balasagin Kyrgyz National University), Osh Pedagogical Teachers Institute (OshUI, now – Osh State University) and Przhevalsk Pedagogical Institute (PPI, now – Kasym Tynystanov State University). The relevance of the study is associated with the lack of research in the field of historical education in the Soviet period of Kyrgyzstan history. The study of higher education in Kyrgyzstan is represented by the works of A. Kanimetov, R. R. Ainekenov, S. T. Tabyshaliev, V. M. Petrovets, A. S. Srazhdinov, S. Toktomyshev, I. M. Sklyar, Ch. M. Jakipova, T.F. Chernous and others. The history of the faculties is considered by such researchers as B. M. Zima, T. N. Omurbekov. However, the historians of Kyrgyzstan did not consider the history of the students. The author made an attempt to consider the students of history departments during the war years in the context of Soviet everyday life, using the historical-systemic method and the method of everyday life history. Based on various sources (unpublished archive materials), the author draws the following conclusions: in hash wartime conditions, the history faculties students of Kyrgyzstan underwent severe trials, the life of universities was in the interests of the country's defense. Kyrgyzstan and history faculties were forced to accept evacuated universities of the central cities of the USSR. In addition to their studies, the students were engaged in social and political work. Their main motivation was the help to the front. The students got education, gave lectures on defense issues, steadfastly endured wartime hardships and made a significant contribution to the victory in the Great Patriotic War.

Keywords: higher education, Kyrgyzstan, the Kyrgyz SSR, training of historians, the student community, Great Patriotic War.

Author:

Nuriza Sh. Kadyralieva, Senior lecturer of History of Kyrgyzstan Department, Zh. Balasagyn  Kyrgyz National University , Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

References

1. Ainekenov R. R. Przheval'skii gosudarstvennyi pedagogicheskii institute, Przhevalsk, Mektep, 1967, 65 p.

2. Alymkulov N. A. Kirgizskii gosudarstvennyi pedagogicheskii institut imeni M. V. Frunze v 1941–1945 gody, Vestnik Kyrgyzskogo natsional'nogo universiteta im. Zh. Balasagyna, 2018, no. 1 (93),   pp. 57–62.

3. Antipov V. S. Otechestvennaya istoriografiya politiki prosveshchennogo absolyutizma v zarubezhnykh stranakh (1917 – nachalo 1930 gg.), Vestnik Pskovskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2015, no. 1, URL: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/otechestvennaya-istoriografiya-politiki-prosveschyonnogo-absolyutizma-v-zarubezhnyh-stranah-1917-nachalo-1930-h-godov (date of access: 06 February 2021).

4. Arstanov S. A., Chynykeeva G. E. Vklad vuzov goroda Osh v pobedu v Velikoi Otechestvennoi voine // Vklad regionov Urala i stran Tsentral'noi Azii v pobedu v Velikoi Otechestvennoi voine 1941–1945 godov : sb. nauch. st., posvyashch. 75-letiyu pobedy v Velikoi Otechestvennoi 1941–1945 gg. / redkol.: N. A. Antipin, V. S. Balakin, I. V. Sibiryakov, Chelyabinsk, Izdatel'skii tsentr YuUrGU, 2020, pp. 426–431.

5. Bernshtam A. N. Materialy po istorii Kirgizii v dni Velikoi Otechestvennoi voiny. Vyp. I. 1941 god / Kirg. filial Akad. nauk SSSR, Komissiya po istorii Velikoi Otechestv. Voiny, Frunze, Kirgizgosizdat, 1943, 60 p.

6. Dzhakipova Ch. Sh. Universitetskoe obrazovanie: vchera, segodnya, zavtra, Bishkek, KGU, 1991, 150p.

7. Zima B. M. KGU. O rabote istoricheskikh fakul'tetov gosudarstvennykh universitetov, Voprosy istorii, 1959, no. 11, pp. 190–194.

8. Kanimetov A. K., Ainekenov R. R. Razvitie vysshego obrazovaniya v Kirgizii za gody sovetskoi vlasti, Frunze, Mektep, 1966, 123 p.

9. Kerimbaev S. K. Sovetskii Kyrgyzstan v Velikoi Otechestvennoi voine 1941–1945 gg., Frunze, Ilim, 1980, 299 p.

10. Malabaev S. K. Izmeneniya v sfere obrazovaniya v Kyrgyzstane v gody Velikoi Otechestvennoi voiny, Vklad regionov Urala i stran Tsentral'noi Azii v pobedu v Velikoi Otechestvennoi voine 1941–1945 godov : sb. nauch. st. posvyashch. 75-letiyu pobedy v Velikoi Otechestvennoi 1941–1945 gg. / redkol.: N. A. Antipin, V. S. Balakin, I. V. Sibiryakov. Chelyabinsk : Izdatel'skii tsentr YuUrGU, 2020. pp. 419–426.

11. Omurbekov T. N. Fakul'tet istorii i regionovedeniya, Bishkek, KNU im Zh. Balasagyna, 2007, 40 p.

12. Petrovets V. M. Nauchnye issledovaniya v Kirgizii v gody Velikoi Otechestvennoi voiny (1941–1945 gg.), Frunze, Mektep, 1969, 160 p.

13. Petrovets V. M., Srazhdinov A. S., Sklyar I. M. Pervenets vysshei shkoly Kyrgyzstana, Bishkek, KGNU, 1992, 119 p.

14. Srazhdinov A. Velikaya Otechestvennaya voina 1941-1945 gg. v istorii KGPI. Ocherk k 50-letiyu Pobedy, Bishkek, KGNU, 1995, 21 p.

15. Tabyshaliev S. T. Kuznitsa podgotovki kadrov, Frunze, Kyrgyzstan, 1975, 264 p.

16. Toktomyshev S. Universitet budushchego: KNU proshloe, nastoyashchee, shagi v XXI vek, Bishkek, KNU, 1997, 149 p.

17. Toktogonov S. Stranitsy proshlogo. Rektory OshPi (OshGU), Jalal Abad, [b. i.], 1994, 14 p.

18. Fitspatrik Sh. Povsednevnyi stalinizm. Sotsial'naya istoriya Sovetskoi Rossii v 30-e gody, Moscow, Rossiiskaya politicheskaya entsiklopediya, 2008, 336 p.

19. Chernous T. F. Sovremennaya mezhdunarodnaya integratsiya i podgotovka kadrov vysshei kvalifikatsii v Kyrgyzstane, Bishkek: KRSU, 2007, 273 p.

20. Usubaliev E. T., Soktoev I. A. Vysshaya shkola Sovetskogo Kirgizstana, Frunze, Kyrgyzstan, 1980, 196 p.

For citation

Kadyralieva N. Sh. The Students of Kyrgyzstan History Faculties During the Great Patriotic War, Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2021, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 24–29.