Download PDF

Abstract

In the middle of September 2020, there was a large international conference at Uzhgorod National University. It was supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, the Institute of the Ukrainian Language of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, the International Association of Ukrainianists and the Commission of Slavic Phraseology at the International Committee of Slavists. This phraseological forum was attended in person and by correspondence by 123 phraseologists from 12 countries of the world: Belarus, Hungary, Germany, Georgia, India, Russia, Poland, Slovakia, Taiwan, Croatia, the Czech Republic and, of course, Ukraine. The participants of the conference praised one of the most outstanding phraseologists of today, Valeriy Mikhailovitch Mokienko, who won international acclaim. In 2020 he reached the age of 80 years old. It is difficult to name his progeny working all around the world. And it is completely impossible to count his followers, mates, colleagues, co-authors and linguists, grown upon his clever books and became involved into phraseology under his influence. He is always the heart and the soul of various phraseological conferences. Thanks to Valeriy Mikhailovitch phraseologists became a special layer in a multi-colour, multi-religious, diverse and restless world. They, as true representatives of public diplomacy, serve as evidence that we can live together, do big things together, in spite of the objective and subjective contradictions arising between the countries. The purpose of my short article is to show on the example of only one conference what success scientists living in different countries can achieve, studying an object, the science about which is practically the same age as Uzhgorod National University.

Keywords: Uzhgorod National University, international conference, phraseology, biblical expressions, superword neologisms, linguoculturology, ethnolinguistics, dialectology.

Author:

Svetlana G. Shulezhkova, Doctor of Philology, Professor,  Department of the Russian Language, General Linguistics and Mass Communication, Institute of Humanitarian  Education, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University (NMSTU); This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

References

1. Venzhinovich N. F. Frazemika ukraïns'koï literaturnoï movi: kognitivnii ta lingvokul'turologichnii aspekti: avtoreferat diss. … dokt. filol. nauk, Kiïv, 2018, 40 p.

2. Istoriya goroda Uzhgorod, MirIstoriii.ru – Istoriya v detalyakh. URL: http://miridtorii.ru/publ/istorija_gorodov_ukrainy/istorija_goroda_uzhgorod/4-1-0-271/

3. Kobal' I. Uzhgorod vidomii ta nevidomii, Vid. 2-ge, L'viv, Svit, 2008, 196 p.

4. Kobal' I. Uzhgorod izvestnyi i neizvestnyi, Lenta novostei, 03.11.2014, UA Reporter, URL: https://ua-reporter.com/co ntent/uzhgorod-izvestnyy-i-neizvestnyy

5. Programa mizhnarodnoï naukovoï konferentsiï «Frazeologiya v konteksti sumizhnikh nauk”. Na chest' dok-tora filologichnikh nauk, profesora Valeriya Mikhailovicha Mokienka, pochesnogo Golovi Komisiï zi slov'yans'koi frazeologiï pri Mizhnarodnomu komiteti slavistiv (do 80-richchya vid dnya narodzhenya), (Uzhgorod, 12-14 zhovtnya 2020 roku), Uzhgorod, Uzhgorods'kii natsional'nii universitet, 2020, 10 p.

6. Uzhgorodskii natsional'nyi universitet, Akademiya “Medina”, URL: https://medinaschool.org/world/uzhgorodskij-nacionalnyj-universitet/

7. Shulezhkova S. G. Istoriya lingvisticheskikh uchenii. 4-e izd, Moscow, Flinta: Nauka, 2008, 408 p.

For citation

Shulezhkova S. G. “Phraseology in the Context of Interdisciplinary Sciences” (from Biblical Expressions to Neologisms), Gumanitarno-pedagogicheskie issledovaniya [Humanitarian and pedagogical Research], 2020, vol. 4, no 4, pp. 62-67.